One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I was going to say it's Hero Heads, but a quick jog through their ordering .PDF shut that down. Sorry man.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I just checked out their selection. The number of recasts is unbelievable. I hope someone nails him for intellectual property violations (and in a way I kind of don't. Some of those heads are hard to come by). It's not even like any of them are hard to recognize as DML, SST, etc.

Judging by the paint jobs on some of the photos, he doesn't have much in the way of artistic talent!

·
Alba Supporter! (Staff)
2,555 Posts
Yea, his recasts are terrible! I ordered a Robert Patrick head and had to chuck it. It was absolutely horrible. So many air holes it wasn't worth fixing

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
If you keyword diver4 into the Search engine, it has some pretty enlightening info on him, as well as interesting discussion on purchasing recasts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So I take it it's not okay to order from this guy? Because he has a Bill Murray sculpt and a Dan Aykroyd. 2 out of three of the Ghostbusters, also my favorites, though Egon really ties with Stantz. If anyone can tell me this guy is okay to buy from I might just get these sculpts, if not, I'll decide to go to various ventures then.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Oddly enough if accessories are recast everyones cool with it, but with HS its pretty touchy on the moral side of things.

Looking at the posts above, you will probably get what you paid for, which may not be what you wanted in the end.

I'd save your money and track down the source, at least they may offer a better casting and you'd be encouraging their talents.

·
Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave
646 Posts
So I take it it's not okay to order from this guy? Because he has a Bill Murray sculpt and a Dan Aykroyd. 2 out of three of the Ghostbusters, also my favorites, though Egon really ties with Stantz. If anyone can tell me this guy is okay to buy from I might just get these sculpts, if not, I'll decide to go to various ventures then.
Yeah, don't buy any of his stuff, because another headsculptor (Wantedyou) will release them soon. here one of her future release :

Harold Ramis :

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, don't buy any of his stuff, because another headsculptor (Wantedyou) will release them soon. here one of her future release :

Harold Ramis :

OOOOOOH!!!!! :jawdrop

Want! Where do I find this person? Sculpts of those four are high on my list. That's actually why I haven't done a single custom since Indiana Jones in 2005. But I also want to do a Lone Ranger custom, but the problem with that is the dang western clothing and the weapons, now if anybody can point me in the proper direction of getting some western gear I'd be much obliged.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've bought from Diver4 (Dale)before. I realize he's recasting the world and I would'nt buy a Frontline sculpt from him. Lonnie's are better cast and better price. However I did buy the Eastwood sculpt in question. It is exactly as picured. It's slight bit characaturish but I think it captures Dirty Harry better than my HH version. I also bought a Richard Burton. The original Burton sculpt was from Bill Kern (Poppo Toys). My Poppo toys Burton met with a terrible acetone accident and I had been unable to find Poppo on the web or otherwise communicate with Bill Kern. It was a miracle to see it on Ebay offered by Diver4. It is a fine cast also. (I intend him for a Where Eagles Dare bash). On the other hand I bought a Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn) gilbert recast from him that had a thin neck which listed a little too much to the right. When I e-mailed and complained a little he ignored my e-mail.
My $0.02
Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.