One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you have an excellent tutorial. Dodge M37.

What I liked most is the manufacturing/sanding station in order to have all the area clean. He put an old blouse sleeve in the arms place so only his hands are dirty. Perfect!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

That is downright amazing craftsmanship!

It puts scratch building a vehicle into perspective and offers great insight. I've shied away from styrene due to my inferior skills, but this helped to show me what to do, and what I was doing wrong.

I've got my inspiration back!

Thanks again,

MC

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
That's really cool. I need to get my hands on some 'komacel' or other expanded pvc sheet to see how it works.
It seems strong but at the same time easy to cut and shape but also worryingly easy to scratch (by accident)?

Thanks for linking this :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes ive been a scale 4x4 rc enthusiast as well as 1/6 on the side and have been a subscriber to his channel for quite some time now, and I am amazed at what he can create with wood, some of his best work I think. Headquake's RC go take a look.:poke

·
1:6 Mechanic
1,046 Posts
Awesome stuff indeed, and the carved wooden body is even more impressive. One thing I would like to point out though, is that these models are 1:10 scale, for which wheels and chassis components are readily obtainable from the RC Rockcrawler manufacturers/suppliers. I would like to see someone do this in true 1:6 scale, with the making of the running gear explained too !
Thanks for the link Daniel

·
Registered
382 Posts
That was amazing to watch. Guy has mad skillz.
Yes he does.....60 hours condensed to 17 minutes, that's part on my problem.....I'm not that patient.

Awesome stuff indeed, and the carved wooden body is even more impressive. One thing I would like to point out though, is that these models are 1:10 scale, for which wheels and chassis components are readily obtainable from the RC Rockcrawler manufacturers/suppliers. I would like to see someone do this in true 1:6 scale, with the making of the running gear explained too !
Thanks for the link Daniel
We've got a hobby shop near here and there are great pieces for RC in everything but 1/6. It would be great if someone could fill that gap.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Super detail work. Very nicely put together.

As a M-37 fanatic (40 year driver, owner, restorer of M-37's), I just love this guy's work. With only a few little detail errors, some explained by the passage of time...

Interior seats, were green canvas and simple smooth canvas.
Shift boots were always black rubber over simple holes in the floor.
Rear body floor was always metal. No way could you install wood flooring.

The interior differences can be explained by the passage of time and the owners personal tastes.

Still, just super work. That could be me driving except that his beard is longer and I have 2 feet.:lol

Charlie

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It's a really fantastic piece of work, and it just goes to show that it can be done with a little thought behind it. And a big honking printer as well I guess. :p

That said, It would be interesting to try that out, but with a more modern and anonymous car, like any Ford, Honda, Volvo or whatever rolling around today. But finding a chassi and wheels that would fit would be damn hard. Or would it?

·
Team Low Self Esteem
10 Posts
It's a really fantastic piece of work, and it just goes to show that it can be done with a little thought behind it. And a big honking printer as well I guess. :p

That said, It would be interesting to try that out, but with a more modern and anonymous car, like any Ford, Honda, Volvo or whatever rolling around today. But finding a chassi and wheels that would fit would be damn hard. Or would it?
Yes! I want the kind of car you'd find in any old parking lot in North America. Maybe even something more upscale or metropolitan like a Prius or a BMW minivan.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
I wonder what Size Styrene he's using.?

Because I got a Bunch of Pressed Paper Board. That I got for FREE!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts