One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Prominent Soviet You Would Like to See Made?

• Georgy Zhukov

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Vasily Chuikov

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Konstantin Rokossovsky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rodion Malinovsky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aleksandr Pokryshkin

Votes: 4 17.4%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did has released their own Josef Stalin not too long ago which I think has the best likeness to date. In addition they have also released Vasily, Koulikov and Rurik much earlier on. However, seeing that they have gone through all the trouble to make one very prominent WW2 Soviet figure with no apparent plans to make more kind of makes me sad. I am pretty sure with the fabric and materials available they can certainly make more. Heck, they made a whole bunch of Germans, why not the Soviets while they are at it? The Soviets did a lot, if not most of the fighting so I think more figures should be made to acknowledge that. I have a list of notable people I would like to see made but I am sure there may other significant individuals who have fought with great distinction. Feel free to list more.

Also, I already wrote to Did about this, I just want to ask the wonderful community at OSW to provide additional ideas.

Let the brainstorming begin!

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
I would love to see Chuikov! That would definitely get me started on a Stalingrad dio.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Which Prominent WW2 Soviet Should Did/Others Make Next?

What is the proper way to edit thread title?

I want to change the current title:
"Which Prominent Soviet Should Did/Others Make Next?"

to

"Which Prominent WW2 Soviet Should Did/Others Make Next?"

The subject too broad too leave it as it is and the prefix probably won't help much with differentiation. At first glance some may think that the poll choices include other post-WW2 soviets like Georgy Malenkov, Nikita Khrushchev, Leonid Brezhnev, Yuri Andropov, Konstantin Chernenko, Mikhail Gorbachev etc.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to see Chuikov! That would definitely get me started on a Stalingrad dio.
Did should release Krebs as well so I can put together the negotiation scene between him and Chuikov from the movie Der Untergang :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
And here I was ready to vote for Yuri Gagarin—or Alexi Leonov in their space suits :D

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
i'm not big on generals with their clipboards and maps so i'll vote for the one guy who actually kicked butt in combat!! the air ace there..

namaste
Miguel

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And here I was ready to vote for Yuri Gagarin-or Alexi Leonov in their space suits :D
I shall write to DAM and ask them if they would consider these distinguished men, they already made the guys from Space Cowboys, why not modify the tooling, molds, fabric and make more spacemen?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shall write to DAM and ask them if they would consider these distinguished men, they already made the guys from Space Cowboys, why not modify the tooling, molds, fabric and make more spacemen?
I just wrote them an email, fingers crossed!

·
1:6 Scale Producer
776 Posts
i'm not big on generals with their clipboards and maps so i'll vote for the one guy who actually kicked butt in combat!!

namaste
Miguel
So am I.
Subject:
As Lieutenant Alexander Pechersky organized successful mass escape of prisoners from the Nazi death camp «SS-Sonderkommando Sobibor»

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
i'm not big on generals with their clipboards and maps so i'll vote for the one guy who actually kicked butt in combat!! the air ace there..

namaste
Miguel
Chuikov was a front-line soldier before he was a general, wounded 4 times in the Russian civil war, awarded 2 medals for bravery. He commanded the 62nd army during the Battle of Stalingrad. I think it's safe to say he "actually kicked butt." :)

Can't believe I'm the only one who voted for him! The man was amazing and his face has a hell of a lot of character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Chuikov

·
Registered
807 Posts
I just wrote them an email, fingers crossed!
Thank you, very much!

If a company really wanted mileage out of a new product line they would be wise to invest in a figure in the suit used on Soyuz.

With different head sculpts and minor insignia changes they could then produce dozens of different people from multiple nations, do a female too and the possibilities expand tremendously.

Seems like that could have a very broad international appeal -- even beyond the traditional 1/6th ; I'm referring to the shops that you find at most museums.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
Chuikov was a front-line soldier before he was a general, wounded 4 times in the Russian civil war, awarded 2 medals for bravery. He commanded the 62nd army during the Battle of Stalingrad. I think it's safe to say he "actually kicked butt." :)

Can't believe I'm the only one who voted for him! The man was amazing and his face has a hell of a lot of character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Chuikov
yes i kinda knew some of that.lol but in relation to the big ww2 he was a pencil pusher pointing the men in what direction to attack. i don't go that far back beyond ww2..lol. the air ace listed above..to me has a more impressive career..for ww2...if that's what this poll is about..

miguel

·
Registered
200 Posts
Although it's not on your list ,I would like to have one of Nikita Khrushchev .I know he was present at the defense of Stalingrad but don't know what part he played in it . :wink

1 - 20 of 21 Posts