One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help here guys.

In your opinion which PCU is better? The one produced by Toy Soldier or Saturday Toys?

From the pics I think the Saturday Toys version is more detailed and better suited for HT body. But I'll let you guys who own them to speak up here.

Thanks,
Doly

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I have both and the Saturday Toys version is more detailed and will fit BBi G3 and HT body much better. That is not to say that the Toy Soldier version is lacking. It is a good product and is much price cheaper then ST version by 10 - 12 bucks. It is a little smaller in size and works well with TS, DML, DiD, or other bodies of this size and configuration. I must state here that the ST PCUs comes in two different versions and with extra items like a wool / Fleece watch cap, Gortex black Fleece (ECWS) jacket, and I think one version has a plate carrier system also.

As for the coloring, I would not be that concern. If you have ever been in the military one of the first things you learn is that uniforms are made in lots. This means that even thought the shading is supposed to be uniform, some coloring difference will exist even from the same vendor. Also after you wash a uniform you will lose (or wash out) some of the original dye that will change the coloring.

I had purchased a set of the TS PCU first and was very impressed. However, after buying a set of the ST PCUs I was like wow, and bought two more. I was most happy that they were on sale at the time for the price of a TS PCU.

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
I have to go with Alexei, the Saturday Toys is the best, but not by much. I think the reason it has been overlooked is because of the advertisement pictures, which make it look cheap. The shiny Brad Pitt headsculpt in the beany, and that black chestrig made it look like a knock off brand.

G

·
As an owner of the 1:1 version I think TS nailed it down pretty well in the details I think. I'm not hatting on HT our Saturday Toys but they fit really baggy and are kinda of puffy in some way.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I remember correctly, ST PCU Gen 2 also has the option of folding the hood into the collar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts