One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Ministry Of Xeon
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uzis, Steyr UMP and TMP

after searching the militaryphotos.net for foreign special units i realize a handful of spec ops uses Uzis and UMP, issit true tt it ish a very gd personal arm weapon??

·
Registered
97 Posts
well a UMP would be alot better than an uzi as far as accuracy even stopping power. also the UMP has the ability to easily add a forward girp, or aimpoint or other useful features. there are variants of Uzi weapons that can do the same but the UMP is Much better overall.

·
Why am i here?
3,809 Posts
The Ump is awesome... I shot the Civillian USC carbine version... Great accuracy compaired to an UZI...

The Round is also larger... You can get a UMP in 9mm/.40 call too though.

The Uzi is a little out dated in my eye, and a UMP is more versitale (modular rails can be added)

·
Ministry Of Xeon
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
by comparing which ish better?

Steyr TMP or Uzi

since Uzi ish a little too old for nowadays operation, i will choose a TMP..

·
Registered
97 Posts
wait a minute the TMP and UMP are 2 different things the UMP is made by H&K and has a completely different look than an TMP
UMP

TMP

·
Registered
74 Posts
Between those three, it depends on what you're doing. The TMP and some of the Uzi varients look a bit more compact than the UMP, but you can't really go wrong with an H&K. I've seen accessories and rails for the TMP also. here check it out.

·
I ride the short Herc'
507 Posts
Just an FYI, the TMP is actually no longer produced by Steyr. Brugger and Thomet purchased the design from Steyr in '01 or '02. They made about 20 significant design changes, and due to these changes, they changed the name of the pistol to MP9.

·
Why am i here?
3,809 Posts
Yes, I believe the new TMP (non styer) has a colapsing stock alot similar to that of a mini uzi...

That being said.. The UMP looks big, but its not... With the stock folded the main reciever housing is the length of a TMP the barrel and foregrip give it about 8 more inches...

The Full size uzi with stock folded is probably the same size as a UMP with the stock folded, the UMP might be a tad longer...

The TMP is the smallest, However my experince with the mini uzi would tell me that the TMP is probably extremly hard to control and only good for Body guard / Personal Defense work

The UMP and Uzi are better short to mid range guns.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What I understand about the HK UMP, and I could be wrong, is that it is designed as a lower-cost alternative to the MP-5 series, for organizations that don't have as big a budget. In which case, would you say that, money no object, the best choice would be one of the MP-5 variants? Uniqueness not being a factor, that is.

HJ

·
Why am i here?
3,809 Posts
Actually The UMP is not a lower cost alternative as much as it is a replacement to the mp5.

The Ump is designed off the g36 gas system, which is more efficient. The mp5 is based off the g3 system, This system is old and outdated, and technology has advanced since then.

The polymer holds up better than steel . The weapon wont freeze up in cold weather.

You can get which ever Caliber you want. Be it 9mm, 40 cal, or .45 Cal (i think theres even a 10 mm) The Mp5 only comes in 9mm, There are some 40 cal and 10 mm versions, however these were special order options, i think they only went to some LE organizations in Europe.

A new addition is last round hold open. Which means you can stick a mag in and slap the release and your ready to go, and MP5 doesnt have this option (they were a few, but that was a special order for some state side Govt agency i believe). On the Mp5, every time you empty a mag, you have to open the bolt, stick in a new mag, and slap the knob to close the bolt.

Also, the Mp5 is a very costly gun, Adding a RAS system from KAC to this weapon after buying it is costly. However buying rails for the UMP forgrip would only run you $50 - 100, I think the RAS system is around $300 - 400, maybe even $500. And add acessories on top of that and you get a High price weapon.

Is the UMP cheaper than the Mp5? Yes, Is the UMP worse than the Mp5? No.

·
Ministry Of Xeon
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
another question, hehex..if to fight off heavily armed suspects. which rifle or sub-mac would u guys be using?

AKs
MPs
M4/16s
FN
etc...??

to be honest, i would rather hav an AK series, though it's old, but it's powerful..!!:thumb

1 - 20 of 61 Posts