One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Which female base body is the standard choice for us?

• Triad Alpha

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Play toy

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Phicen SS

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • VeryCool

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Flirty Girl

Votes: 2 4.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which female base body is the standard choice for us? Is it the alpha, or the playtoy, or flirty girl, or verycool, or perhaps phicen? Comment and vote.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Right now it's Phicen. I'm truly amazed by the technology involved in making a seamless figure that looks that good, and feet issues aside, can be posed like no other female figure.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Here we go again.

It's gotten to a point, there is no longer a standard because of nuances and variances on what the end result is going to be.

If I want to display a lot of form and physique, then a seamless.

If I'm going to go clothed, then a jointed body.

If I'm going to customize a "ladyboy"/"newhalf" themed figure, then I'll use a loose Sarina body based on the discussion in another thread.

;) :p

I couldn't help myself.

Seriously though . . . the once gold/ideal standard to me has always been the CY GIRL 2.0 body, but those are not as plentiful as they once were even with a tease from Takara Tomy a year or so ago with a supposed reboot/revival, but nothing has materialized from that thus far as far as I know.

·
12,855 Posts
For me its either Triad alpha or Flirty girl. Not much interest in phicen or other bodies with soft bits
--

You liar!

The pinchy and squishy bits will make you change your mind every time!

Sorry Andrew. I couldn't resist.

·
12,855 Posts
I believe the voting is rigged.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I've always found polls like this to be pointless. How can any figure body be "the standard" for all of us? There are simply too many variables- everyone has their own preference despite the results of a poll.

Despite always coming out the winner in numerous polls, I never cared for the Takara/CG 2.0 body. Nowdays my choice of body has a lot to do with the character I'm putting together or the scene I'm making.

·
12,855 Posts
I've always found polls like this to be pointless. How can any figure body be "the standard" for all of us? There are simply too many variables- everyone has their own preference despite the results of a poll.

Despite always coming out the winner in numerous polls, I never cared for the Takara/CG 2.0 body. Nowdays my choice of body has a lot to do with the character I'm putting together or the scene I'm making.
--

The belief and mindset of collectors changed since then. Let us all be honest about that.

For a while, the CG 2.0 was the standard (more or less), but advancements in design over the past few years have changed the established beliefs and mindsets.

Sure. There are still some who'll always have doubts and reservations based on their experiences and preferences and that's fine. There is no need for criticism, ridicule, or shaming though some may do so for whatever reasons short of having absolute perspectives (i.e. holier than thou) of which we all know better . . . hopefully. ;)

Like you, I concur with the choice/need based on what is to be accomplished in terms of nuances.

1:6 body variety is the spice of 1:6 life.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Pretty sure I've said this in other contexts, but my body of choice used to be the Takara Cool Girl/Cy Girl 2.0, though I'd settle for the clones by TTL or ZC when necessary (which were slightly different and generally of slightly inferior quality). The Triad Alpha was a strong contender, but I have yet to own one where the right leg and one arm could stay on (which arm seemed to depend on the individual piece -- sometimes it was the left, sometimes the right).

Today, I prefer Phicens for the figures that aren't wearing much (which, these days, is most of them because it takes a lot less time to prepare a figure in underwear than it does preparing a figure in full military battle rattle), and end up using either the FGC or Verycool bodies for figures wearing clothing if I can't use one of my leftover Cy Girl 2.0 bodies. I want to like the Flirty Girl body more than I do, but even the 2.0 version with the better elbows doesn't set me on fire. I think it's the weirdly restrictive ankles (and, to their credit, the Triad Alpha is the one ankle cup design I wish someone would steal). The VC body is pretty good, if a bit on the slimmer side, and I'm hoping the newer ones will be a bit tighter. But I can totally live with them considering how relatively cheap they are.

On the one hand, I like the fact that there is such a variety in female base bodies now (even if there are still not truly athletic or even smaller-busted builds). On the other hand, it means that lots of stuff is now no longer compatible the way it was when Takara's body was the de-facto standard.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Triad Toys Alpha. Is the best for customice!

G

·
"I have experienced a (scale) hundred foot drop and enjoyed the rush.

I have survived the ire and disdain of the OnesixthRepublic facebook group for showing off my boobs and smiled at their disgust at my naked plastic flesh,

I have swung my arm cannon against an army of Phicen and laughed as they ran for cover, their squishy bits wobbling as they tippytoed away on their high heel feet

I have been broken, battered, dremelled, tattooed, repaired and rebuilt.

I am Vale. I am Otaku hybrid"

:thumb :p

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"I have experienced a (scale) hundred foot drop and enjoyed the rush.

I have survived the ire and disdain of the OnesixthRepublic facebook group for showing off my boobs and smiled at their disgust at my naked plastic flesh,

I have swung my arm cannon against an army of Phicen and laughed as they ran for cover, their squishy bits wobbling as they tippytoed away on their high heel feet

I have been broken, battered, dremelled, tattooed, repaired and rebuilt.

I am Vale. I am Otaku hybrid"

:thumb :p

·
Registered
545 Posts
Of course Phicen for Female with all (to much?) included disadvantages. Btw. has anybody any experience with the Version 3.0 of the Very Cool body? Up to now I have not seen any review for that new female body.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts

the title of this should perhaps been "what is your favorite body of choice?"
I have read all the difference of opinion of why one would choose this body over another, some says depending on what type of figure they are trying to build and that is a valid point. I still believe however we all have our favorite female body. maybe if someone asked if you could only choose one female body to use for maybe like a year (hate to say forever) which brand would you choose?

since I rarely fully clothe my female figure they are generally wearing a short skirt, or something showing their midriff, bathing suit or the MC military style short set I would still say the Phicen SS, but again naked, half clothed or fully clothed for me they are the best female body out their. since I bought one I have not purchased any other female body, other than a XL play toy body. going forth the only way I see myself buying another companies body is that they upgrade to a SS body, they have a boxset where it just makes sense to buy the whole box set and upgrade to a Phicen body. other than that it's Phicen.

I was going to buy the upcoming VC female shooter, but have decide against it, unless someone show me where the BDU will fit on a Phicen. hate to spend a 100+ just to find the outfit will not fit on a SS.

then again one other factor you have to add. it depends on what type of collector you are, are you the collector like myself who is just a big kid at heart who is buy figures to have fun with, or are you the serious collectors who put together a diorama (or not) and stick them on or in a glass shelf to look at. the latter normally do not see these as toys they are art to be put together and looked at. these also will have a lot to do with your choice. if all you are going to do is stick them on a shelf to look at I probably would not go the Phicen route.

·
Ardat-yakshi
529 Posts
I still haven't purchased a Phicen. I find the range of skin tones limiting, and I want to see a version with a small bust. Not every figure needs to look like Dolly Parton.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts