One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smile Cartoon Gesture Happy Toy
i find it hard to believe that the only 1/6 mickey figure released it the How2Work figure pictured above!
with all the bootlegging of figures thats gone on and especially disney that no one has done any other figures?
i would try to find that, if they had made more than 300 and it wasnt going to cost me $1K+
does anyone know of any other?????
TIA

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Fresh Indistries tried to get a Kickstarter going a while ago, but was unsuccesful. Possibly do to low quality prototype...
Here is Chairman, and CEO, PB Fresh with one of the mock up accessories....

Pug Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

In all seriousness though, if Disney did not make one, I think you are going to have to customize your own. You are most likely going to have to pirate the hear from another toy and sew the clothes yourself.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Now, if they made a Goofy, well then.....:drool

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
I know i'd like a Mickey as well, and a Goofy and a Donald too. Unfortunately other than some japan exclusives, we have yet to get any. Perhaps if enough people were interested, then Disney would make some more. so, who else would be in?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Rule one, no one should judge whatever another collector wants in his/her 1/6 world. Some people want a 1/6 Mickey Mouse straight up because he's cute; and others like me may want him ironically as a Pop Culture icon or a symbol of Disney.

But you need to decide how big you propose a 1/6 Mickey Mouse should be. Choice #1, a Mickey Mouse that is mouse-sized -- but you don't actually see him depicted that size (unlike say Mighty Mouse, or Jerry from Tom and Jerry). Choice #2 is full human-sized -- the height of a short actual human wearing a Mickey Costume at Disneyland or Disney on Ice. Choice #3 gives Mickey his own arbitrary size as a cartoon character. In Fantasia his head under the Wizard's Hat reaches about halfway on a broom, so he's about the size of a child.

If you want Size #1 there's lots of small keychains etc. to represent him in 1/6. No posability at that scale though. If you want Size #2 there was always this at 11", probably hard to get though: Hot Toys- Mickey and Minnie, 'Year of the Mouse' review. For other choices at Size #2 or #3, just look around EBay if you're rich, or flea markets and thrift stores for the rest of us. There's lots of vinyl Mickey Mouse etc. This below is what I use, having chosen Size #3. Posability is a rotating neck and single plane rotation at the shoulders.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
I'm patiently awaiting a 1:6 Mickey Mao figure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rule one, no one should judge whatever another collector wants in his/her 1/6 world. Some people want a 1/6 Mickey Mouse straight up because he's cute; and others like me may want him ironically as a Pop Culture icon or a symbol of Disney.

But you need to decide how big you propose a 1/6 Mickey Mouse should be. Choice #1, a Mickey Mouse that is mouse-sized -- but you don't actually see him depicted that size (unlike say Mighty Mouse, or Jerry from Tom and Jerry). Choice #2 is full human-sized -- the height of a short actual human wearing a Mickey Costume at Disneyland or Disney on Ice. Choice #3 gives Mickey his own arbitrary size as a cartoon character. In Fantasia his head under the Wizard's Hat reaches about halfway on a broom, so he's about the size of a child.

If you want Size #1 there's lots of small keychains etc. to represent him in 1/6. No posability at that scale though. If you want Size #2 there was always this at 11", probably hard to get though: Hot Toys- Mickey and Minnie, 'Year of the Mouse' review. For other choices at Size #2 or #3, just look around EBay if you're rich, or flea markets and thrift stores for the rest of us. There's lots of vinyl Mickey Mouse etc. This below is what I use, having chosen Size #3. Posability is a rotating neck and single plane rotation at the shoulders.

i did search for mickey mouse on here but it didnt come back with anything, so WOW! those hot toys look great! you are also correct that i want a mickey mouse for ironic purposes haha.
i know there is a fellow on here that does his own take on mickey mouse as a post apocalyptic survivor. [sorry i forgot your name, but i have a memory like swiss cheese!] and his work is AWESOME!!
i just figured i may have missed a recent 1/6 mickey that had come out, but i guess not?
the other idea i had was to use some kind of a candy dispenser, topps have done tons of these over the years, i do have a nice ren & stimpy set that fit PERFECTLY onto a 1/6 body without doing anything at all! but so far i havent seen anything crop up like that. then again im not into disnyana so its not something i am familiar with either.
i could attempt to make a head but i know before i even start that what i make will look INCREDIBLY DREADFUL! like a mutated half melted burn victim!
interesting feedback, thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
i did search for mickey mouse on here but it didnt come back with anything, so WOW! those hot toys look great! you are also correct that i want a mickey mouse for ironic purposes haha.
i know there is a fellow on here that does his own take on mickey mouse as a post apocalyptic survivor. [sorry i forgot your name, but i have a memory like swiss cheese!] and his work is AWESOME!!
i just figured i may have missed a recent 1/6 mickey that had come out, but i guess not?
the other idea i had was to use some kind of a candy dispenser, topps have done tons of these over the years, i do have a nice ren & stimpy set that fit PERFECTLY onto a 1/6 body without doing anything at all! but so far i havent seen anything crop up like that. then again im not into disnyana so its not something i am familiar with either.
i could attempt to make a head but i know before i even start that what i make will look INCREDIBLY DREADFUL! like a mutated half melted burn victim!
interesting feedback, thanks for the input :)
There may well be more figures made of Mickey Mouse than anyone else except maybe religious figures. So once you get past the idea that it has to be something expensive, specifically made for 1/6, there's lots of choices to be had especially if all you want is the transposable head (and the hands, don't forget he's got those weird three fingered gloves). I forgot to mention that mine above were had for $2 at the thrift store. It wouldn't be hard to transfer that head and the hands, on a Mego-size body maybe. Oddly enough currently Toys R Us seems to have lots of Minnie figures but no Mickeys right now -- but flea market and thrift options should be plentyful. In a pinch you could also think about using the head from a Plush, which are very common, but that may not be the look you want.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Oddly enough currently Toys R Us seems to have lots of Minnie figures but no Mickeys right now
I don't find that odd really...Disney is marketing the heck out of Minnie for little girls....and little boys would rather have toys that kill things, rather than play with Mickey Mouse.....IMHO anyway....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts