One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
I KNOW there are other women out there!! How come I'm the only one that ever shows her face around here? Come on out you guys!

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
They may just be lurking because, right off the top of my head, I can think of at least 10 women who are members here. There are also a number of women who have founded and run boards in the 1/6 scale community, notably Charlotte Beckman at JoeWorld/The Trenches and Nicole Miler at One Sixth Action Figure Board.

However, I know how you feel because the two boards I help run have a primarily female membership. No matter how welcoming or nice other folks are, sometimes you can't help but feel a bit like the odd man, or woman, out.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
All alone is a relative thing, most of us are solo on the keyboard, but in good company among others in the hobby here aboard and elsewhere. Onesix doesn't exactly open doors to financial success and social prominence, it's not held popular by most people. It does however offer personal enjoyment and mutual interest with others.

Imperfect as it is, OSW doesn't require members to be of a specific gender or ethnicity, to possess great physical strength and stamina, be a mathematical genius, pledge a particular political or religious affiliation or social station, to have cooking skills or mechanical ability, nor a number of other requirements for membership to other organizations.
A bit of enthusiasm, friendly interaction, a civil demeanor, and honest behavior, that's about it. Still, being a bunch of humans, we manage to offend from time to time - just as others have walked away thinking the place had become too "civilized". That's the loss that comes with the gain. When it's alll said and done, we end up with a place where people can enjoy themselves, and in that I don't think any of us is alone here.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
PD makes a good point. Nybody canjoin. Eg- Im a fat white boarderline dislexic kid who collects man-dolls. Anybody is welcomed on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts