One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious where the best place is to find period clothes in 1:6 scale... I'm looking for something particularly attire worn in the 1800s - or something that would pass for that, particularly wealthy male and female passengers on a sailing ship traveling abroad. Thanks for any ideas!

(Hope this is the right place to post this, if not please forgive and let me know where this should be posted -thank you!)

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Hello, I know New Line miniatures does Cival war era clothing. You might want to ask them if they would take a commission for your era.
And it never hurts to ask.

newlineminiatures.com

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,970 Posts
Period clothing tends to be difficult to acquire due to lack of period themed figures based on your criteria.

I do recollect that there was 1:6 male Victorian styled/themed outfits offered at one point during the past two to three years. I can't remember the brand/manufacturer and don't know if they're still available from any 1:6 dealer/retailer.

You have three options.

1. Search eBay.

2. Find a 1:6 seamstress who can make outfits based on your criteria and $ budget.

3. Post in OPEN MARKET with a want thread and see who responds.

Good luck.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
As stated, this is a harder period to find commercial items for. They won't be cheap I imagine, but you may want to have a look at some loose Hot Toys parts from their Pirates of the Caribbean figures as I assume those would fit the bill?

·
1/6th Western Collector
1,186 Posts
You need to talk to Amy Jones at AJ Clothiers. She will fix you up with whatever you want.

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,200 Posts
And, if I might say so, you need to define exactly what your period is.
The 1800s was just as long as other centuries, and fashions changed quite a lot from one end to the other.
I fear there's not a lot about, apart from the Western/ACW stuff from Newline and BGT. If you need civilian stuff, you probably need to commission it or make it yourself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the leads and good ideas - this is very helpful, not only for my current project but future ones. I may end up making the clothes myself - I don't consider that my specialty - I can generally do it well enough but I'm slow at it so I'm definitely happy to find something close and modify as needed.

I didn't specify an exact period in the 1800s as I'm flexible on the exact period, but mostly was looking for a suit that included a top hat since that seemed to be the "right" look for what I'm doing.

Thanks again - oh, and Happy New Year!

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
And, if I might say so, you need to define exactly what your period is.
The 1800s was just as long as other centuries, and fashions changed quite a lot from one end to the other.
I fear there's not a lot about, apart from the Western/ACW stuff from Newline and BGT. If you need civilian stuff, you probably need to commission it or make it yourself.
What he said. :)

For detailed, quality gear, you can't go wrong with BattleGear Toys.

Eric

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'd like to chime in about Battle gear toys as well. Civilian attire from about the mid 1800's to the late 1800's can be found there for male figures. Amy Jones AJ clothiers does some great women's clothing from the same era. New line does some nice Homberg hats, top hats are very hard to find and I don't know many wide release ones (other than the DiD Winston Churchill figure and the Victorian Gentleman set which was based on Gary Oldman as Dracula)
But as Tony Barton stated, you need to clarify the era.
Good luck in your search
Tim

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do BGT and New Line clothes fit DAM, SS, or CD figs or are they a little smaller like Dragon's uniforms?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Battle gear Toys clothing is with a pretty generous fit. I've used them on Dragon bodies, Side Show older style bodies, BBi G1 and G2, Hot Toys, Barrack Sgt Bodies, quite a variety. I think the only body I haven't tried with a BGT out fit yet is the Kaustic Plastik Heroik muscle body. I think their shirts would be too tight through the chest and underarm. The trousers would probably fit.

Tim

·
BAMF
915 Posts
My girlfriend has made some period dresses and gowns in the past. She hasn't made anything in the past year but I know she wants to back into it.
PM me if you want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts