One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys know me, I'm always thinking about doing something new. LOL !!! Is there a company or something that sells truck tires and wheels. I don't care if they're resin or molded with real rubber-like tires. I think the SOTW tires from the jeep would be too small. I'd like to get something like the DeSimone Opel Blitz wheels and tires. Or something !!!! Course I don't have a wad of cash to spend....... LOL !!!!

Let me know what you've heard about or seen.

CK2, out.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Not trying to sound like a jerk... Use you imagination. You could pick up wheels and tires anywhere. Lots and lots of toy trucks, jeeps, cars, et. When I am looking for stuff like that I hit the thrift stores first then dollar stores then the toy stores. I'm looking for giant knobby tires myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The DeSimone wheels/tires are pretty good if you want to go that route. Not uber-highend rubber and separate rim, as you know, but using the three-foot rule they do well.

Plasticpanzers/Tim has some very nice wheel/tire items for the Puma project. Double-sided, they have British or german depending on which side you face out. Rotomolded like the DS, but very nice imho. I'm not sure if they are available as separate sets from the vehicle, though. Check with Tim.

As already suggested, the basic toy aisle can yield some surprises. I've seen great examples on beach/sandbox toys for wheels/tires that 1/6ers could use on fantasy/sci-fi or similar projects.

Lawnmower wheels have been used to great effect in 1/6.

For baloony-type tires similar to the Batcar, some styles of caster are just the ticket. Remove the bracket and you're good to go.

Hobby shops are the place for real-deal wheel/tire assemblies. Pretty expensive in comparison to a good old fashioned scrounge foray, but you get what you pay for. Very realistic.

There are alot of existing 1/1 wheels or the like that can pass for something totally different in 1/6.

Good luck, and I hope you show your results. You've always got some wicked neat projects.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts