One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting back into the hobby I have noticed that there aren't hardly any African-Americans, Asians, Hispanics, or other ethnic figures being put out by manufacturers recently. I mean they are like hen's teeth so to speak and the DML bodies are just as rare. I see DAM Toys has done some Chinese soldiers and are also doing a version of Terry Crews as a Marine but I would like to see more of a variety of figures to build bashes with. I would love to see guys like SGM Mike Glover, SGM Tu Lam, Sean Ryan, David Goggins, Kevin Houston, Master Sgt. Luis Deleon-Figueroa and others immortalized in plastic. Is there anyone else who would like to see a variety in upcoming releases

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
I can't help much with AA or Latino figures but there are quite a few companies doing Asian figures (mostly PLA) now. FLAGSET, QORANGE (QOTOYS) and Pattiz are just a few. A search for those terms on eBay will reveal quite a few.

I don't know how reputable the Chinese seller linked below is but I recently noticed that they have two versions of PLA figures available for less than $50 each with free shipping. I'm fairly certain that these figures are by Pattiz, who used to go by the name "Super System". They started with very basic figures a few years back but have improved by leaps and bounds since then. That price is about half of what I've seen other sellers selling the figures for.

Collection 1/6 Marine Action Figure PLA Soldier Kids Toys Children | eBay

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,276 Posts
I been asking this question myself. On the AA HS's. Been annoying the crap out of me. Hell! If I am lucky to find at less ONE AA figures from Powerteam Elite that Big Lots doesn't sale anymore.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I been asking this question myself. On the AA HS's. Been annoying the crap out of me. Hell! If I am lucky to find at less ONE AA figures from Powerteam Elite that Big Lots doesn't sale anymore.
What's the story there, with Powerteam Elite in 2020? They were always commendable for their AA, Hispanic and Asian sculpts (though it was getting to diminishing returns as those headsculpts were being reshuffled but no new ones). I take it, Broadshore, that Big Lots didn't carry them at all this Christmas season? The Canada/US border closure prevented me from going down this year so I wonder what the situation is.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
What's the story there, with Powerteam Elite in 2020? They were always commendable for their AA, Hispanic and Asian sculpts (though it was getting to diminishing returns as those headsculpts were being reshuffled but no new ones). I take it, Broadshore, that Big Lots didn't carry them at all this Christmas season? The Canada/US border closure prevented me from going down this year so I wonder what the situation is.
--

There is an answer.

Then again, you may not like the answer.

The answer is . . .

BIG LOTS didn't carry any World Peacekeepers offerings for the 2020 holiday season.

WHY?

M&C Toy Centre Ltd. (the parent company) is selling direct to consumers through their website (provided one registers for an online account with them) and they have an established online retail channel selling a variety of 1:6 and 1:18 offerings.

So there.

I thought most knew the preceding?

·
12,956 Posts
If it helps, I believe Cotswalds Collectables has started stocking Power Team.
--

Indeed, but according to the owner it depends on how well the initial offerings sell that'll determine if they'll continue to carry their 1:6 and 1:18 offerings for sale.

I guess many of us got spoiled by BIG LOTS carrying and selling them in the $15.00 range and under (when clearance sales happen) for their 1:6 boxed figures.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
--

There is an answer.

Then again, you may not like the answer.

The answer is . . .

BIG LOTS didn't carry any World Peacekeepers offerings for the 2020 holiday season.

WHY?

M&C Toy Centre Ltd. (the parent company) is selling direct to consumers through their website (provided one registers for an online account with them) and they have an established online retail channel selling a variety of 1:6 and 1:18 offerings.

So there.

I thought most knew the preceding?
I remember the discussion, but no one ever successfully got anything directly from M & C as far as ever was reported here. The registration for purchasing on their website wasn't apparently for consumers but rather qualifying for a business account (at business quantities, subject to approval and terms, etc), and even then I remember that even potential dealers weren't getting any response from M & C. DFC was your experience any different and/or successful? I was interested (and also for some of their quirky 1/18 sci-fi stuff that I've never seen in hand) but it seemed to be a dead end.

As far as Big Lots goes, we can hope that maybe once again XMas 2020 isn't a typical year in any way so maybe XMas 2121 could be different (though PTE quantity was already low at Big Lots XMas 2019).

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I miss the good ole days when Dragon was doing their Enduring Freedom line as there was always some new figures to look forward to. They did a variety of figures and did some for the Amy/Air Force Exchange Services in different ethnic groups. BBI did Rogue the Green Beret and a loose body version of Samuel L. Jackson which I had both. I have noticed Big Lots didn't have any of the World Peacekeepers this year also. I know DAM Toys did a Cold Weather SEAL figure that looks like Ray from SEAL Team but that nude gets gone as soon as it becomes available.
I hope 2021 is not only a better year for us all in general but hopefully we will see a better variety of offerings for builds and bashes.

·
12,956 Posts
I miss the good ole days when Dragon was doing their Enduring Freedom line as there was always some new figures to look forward to. They did a variety of figures and did some for the Amy/Air Force Exchange Services in different ethnic groups. BBI did Rogue the Green Beret and a loose body version of Samuel L. Jackson which I had both. I have noticed Big Lots didn't have any of the World Peacekeepers this year also. I know DAM Toys did a Cold Weather SEAL figure that looks like Ray from SEAL Team but that nude gets gone as soon as it becomes available.
I hope 2021 is not only a better year for us all in general but hopefully we will see a better variety of offerings for builds and bashes.
--

Surprisingly, I was able to register and validate my online account there. It's not a business account and registration is required for any order. Even an order for their loose 1:6 and 1:18 parts. Checkout and payment is by PayPal. They usually are active on their Facebook page and I communicated a few times with them by e-mail and through Facebook.

·
12,956 Posts
--

I don't share in that optimism.

WHY?

The cost of loose offerings (i.e. heads, bodies, everything) gone up and will continue to do so.

There is an unsaid demand/expectation where collectors on a budget believe loose parts dealer will take a loss just to sell.

No. They can afford to wait and sit on premium parts because there will always be someone who'll find them and want them and pay for them.

In addition, loose parts are sourced from boxed offerings new and old. New stuff is expensive and old stuff is nearly impossible to find.

As one well known and respected online loose parts vendor told me . . . the supply chain for loose parts is drying up or dried up and that is what is driving up the cost for loose parts from new to old.

Sure. Some deals can be found if one is patient and knows where to look.

The harsh reality is many cheap skate (not meant in a condescending manner or tone) collectors are being priced out of the 1:6 hobby where it's now a luxury.

That's the sad reality.

Makes me think from time to time of all the 1:6 stuff stored away. I'll either attempt to sell it and get low ball offers or simply have it all burned and live streamed online and relish in the screams of horror and rage at so much stuff being denied.

Given my cynicism, I'd go with the latter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.