One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Well, first he would wet himself. Then he would begin to cry like a little sissy man. Then through the tears he would call blindly for his brother to help him, then he would start to suck his thumb while curled up in the fetal position. Soon after that he would black out and wake up in a hospital in Germany.

That's just off the top of my head though. He could tell you details.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I tell you what. No respect from these ground guys at all! Fortunatly, we always fly in packs. The most time one of our crews has spent on the ground is 3 hours due to bad weather. You can read the book "Non Braver" for a detailed account of that mission. What usually happens is that the chalk that didn't go down just lands and picks us up. Obviously if we were getting shot at the flying helo would return fire with us and we would try to break contact. Anything further than that gets into tactics and I can't talk about it.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
He's not Havoc, Fada, he's my brother!

*SNIFF* It's that quiet respect between two professionals that leaves me awestruck. Bwuuuuaaaahahahahahahaaaa!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey pave you better look out we know what havoc does with grounded vehicles (BOOM) just look at that toyota!!

·
Sam Peckinpah's Advisor
971 Posts
I was hoping you two - havoc and pavespawn - would mention that your compulsory SERE training would kick in. I guess its comforting to hold on to the hope that another a/c would be available to pluck your insignificant clip-winged body from the bush. But wisdom - and the Air Force - make no assumptions that the situation would be ideal. Thats why they send you to SERE training.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
That would be what should happen. However, I felt it would only be proper to make fun of my brother first.

·
aNYthing
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So do PaveLows usually operate singly or in Groups?

What other units would be alerted if a Helo went down in hostile territory? What Air? What Ground units?

Would downed crew destroy equipment in the helo? Or leave it to be retrieved at a later date?

I was also wondering if SOF used foreign choppers? Doesnt the Russians have the largest choppers?

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
DunkleGelb said:
So do PaveLows usually operate singly or in Groups?

What other units would be alerted if a Helo went down in hostile territory? What Air? What Ground units?

Would downed crew destroy equipment in the helo? Or leave it to be retrieved at a later date?

I was also wondering if SOF used foreign choppers? Doesnt the Russians have the largest choppers?
We always fly in a flight of at least two. That way we provide mutual support.

In the event a rescue situation arises and we the individuals cannot self-CSAR (combat search and rescue), then information travels through personell recovery channels to alert the CSAR assets (before ANY flying takes place in hostile territories, there MUST be a CSAR asset established in theater. In fact the Pave Lows acted as the first CSAR assets in Afghanistan. Attached to the CSAR package would be a ground element consisting of PJ's, CCT or TACP, and some sort of QRF (Quick Reaction Force), maybe Rangers or SF or 10th Mountain etc. They would provide initial SAR nd ground security, as well as direct action capability if there was any enemy contact.

If we went down in my helo, we would destroy all of the classified that we could and then wait for instructions. If the helo could be salvaged, it would not be blown up.

I cannot comment on SOF using foriegn helos, sorry. The Russiansdo have the biggest helo in use. It can hold over 100 combat loaded troops.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Just remember one thing guys. We as military members cannot confirm anything that the CIA does in combat. Just like we cannot confirm the existance of any organizations that supposedly exist. We are considered confirming sources and we are not able to release priveledged information like that even if it may be public knowledge. We all skirt around stuff like that everyday here and so far nothing has been so point blank that we simply cannot answer with something. Just a little something to keep in mind,:thumb or you may get this :eek:wn

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The CIA was replaced by the super secret squrriel activities division which in turn was bought out by Halleyburton when we may or may not have invaded the country of Icrak. Therefore the CIA officially does not exsist in our fine country. :)

BTW the world's largest helo os the Mi-26 HALO, and it is Russian. The helo's cabin is roughly the size of our C-130 fuselage. The second largest helo is pavespawn's one and only MH-53IV which may or may not have 3 engines. The world's only helo with 3 engines which I believe if it is, is located on the port side. Why do I know this, through several years of studying nothing but military... :thumb

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
The H-53 you are talking about is the CH-53E. It is about 6 feet longer than my Pave Low and has the third engine. They also have a canted tail section for better lift and a 7th main rotor blade. Sure would like to get my hands on some of those...*drools....

Here is a Pave Low:

And here is an E model:

Hard to tell to difference at first glance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I once saw a series of photos, A bus, regular urban trasport type bus. A chinook lifting said bus, had a bit of length on the bus at each end. Another Chinook, being lifted by a Mil-26, could have fitted 3 under there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts