One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Retired OSW Staff
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't started a topic in nearly half a decade. Maybe more. In general, I wish everyone still here well given we are still in a worldwide pandemic. Be safe everyone and extending to all of you the very best.

I thought an interesting topic would be what is the best 1/6th retail deal you've ever gotten in the hobby? ( Meaning anything bought from a show from a dealer or a loose parts dealer or a formal brand dealer or a big box, etc etc)

I'll start. Cotswold had some old Ultimate Soldier boxed sets back in like 2012-2014, somewhere around there. The Villains Mad Bomber set was 15 dollars each. The Auz and Taz Mantracker was either 20 or 25 each. Both were incredible sets with tons of cool accessories. Given what new sets cost today, that's a bargain. I'd argue that's a bargain at any point in the entire modern run of our hobby.

Back in 2005 or so, Amazon cleared out the 1/6th Hasbro Humvees. I think they were like 40 dollars. I don't know if they had free shipping, but the out the door was something like 55-60 bucks.

I got a 1/6th TUS Stuart tank from Toys R Us for 30 dollars back in the day. Over 15 years ago, probably more. There used to be a section in the back near the baby stuff for clearance items. It was out of the box, it had some broken issues but not major ones. A few of the accessories on the sides like the tools were gone. But for the most part, it was intact. It was like 70 percent off and talking to the manager, they knocked off some more just because they wanted to get rid of it, it was huge and taking up space, etc, etc.

Over the years, what good retail scores did you get?

· Registered
3,990 Posts
I picked up the Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame Rescue (Pepper Potts in her Iron Armor) for $220 shipped from Pop Cultcha recently due to their goofy new battery laws in Australia (normally over 420 + shipping). Couldn’t pass it up for that price.

· Sir Lurksalot
674 Posts
21sCT first carded line was the 'Nam sets with the big old boots and molded helmets. When the second series, which was modern, came out Target put all the carded sets on clearance. Including the brand new modern sets. I picked up the entire set for $4.55 each.

· Registered
1 Posts
Maybe the best xmas ever, was when I got a kettenkrad or whatever the hell it's called, a British paratrooper, an 82nd paratrooper, and at least two, if not three German soldiers. But before that, I got the MACV SOG figure that came with every gun you could imagine, and the Vietnam jeep that also came with an arsenal. 21st Century Toys was the best. My favourite of their figures, is either the .50 cal sniper, or the SWAT pointman equipped with the mini galili.

· I've been Minimoyzed
14,304 Posts
Best retail... hmmm. From a store, I think the best was BBI Bruno French Airborne, and BBI "Morris" SWAT figure for %50 off in 2009ish from a shop in the U.S. It was a total score at the time.

I've had some pretty smokin deals on Ebay over the years as well.

· Registered
75 Posts
Good question!

I think mine were from several years ago before TRU closed down. I got most of the Captain Action line from Round 2 for 75% off. First, they didn't know what they were before they got them in stock. Then, they didn't know what to do with them when they were in stock. It took so long before they finally hit the market at TRU that the figures and uniforms went on sale very shortly afterward.

Another great deal was the Sideshow figures that showed up at an outlet store. Universal Monsters and other properties were selling for around $8 each.
For a short time, many 1/6 Sideshow figures were going cheap.

Other than that, some of the current figure retailers parting out figures sometimes just get rid of leftover figure items that are too difficult to sell.

· Registered
75 Posts
2003 was a good time to buy figures. The prices jumped $100 that year for new figures and older figures were clearanced.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have a guy in my small town bwho sells 12-inch figures, I got about 10 figures for 145 dollars. he has a bunch of more gi joes, and I've been waiting for him to get more, my other is getting stuff off of eBay for cheap recently I got a GSG Dragon Figure for 40$ still in the box, with no shipping cost, and it even showed up early.

· Registered
2,054 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if out there somewhere was a website still trying to sell a Dragon SDU or GSG9 figure or some of those early WW2 guys for $19.99 and still not getting any takers.... :D

Those Toys-R-Us and ToyWorks/KBToys clearance/GOOB sales were legendary.......$15 dollars for Navy Seal Pointman, Russian Spetznaz and Mad Bomber figures......but also a metric ton more of the Fire Fighter and SWAT guys.

As Archie once sang, Those were the Days......

· Registered
13 Posts
Several years ago, I got the ACE LRRP Ranger for under $100.00, that was a bargain. I am really out of the hobby now. I am not paying $250.00 on up for a figure. But I do have a decent collection. The ACE Vietnam 3rd Force Recon Marine was the last figure I purchased, and it was on sale for $120.00 I believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts