One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Long-time listener
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm a big fan of the ACE Workshop Vietnam series. Anybody know what's coming up for this line?

Thanks!

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
I haven't seen anything, or heard anything yet...They haven't been as active on social media as they used to be, giving us teasers and such...the new Dam Vietnam figure is due out really soon, so at least there's that to look forward to I guess

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
I was just wondering this myself. I'm afraid ACE may have overdone it with a few too many similar figures in too short a time. I know that when I called around looking for parts for their second last offering, most of the parters weren't even getting it because it had mostly the same parts as they'd already had. Hope I'm wrong.

What ACE needs to do now is give us some wider variety. Maybe a pilot or how 'bout some enemies for their grunts? I'd suggest a fully equipped NVA with rucksack, rice bag, AK47, chest rig, pith helmet and either the green uniform with the canvas shoes or black pajamas with sandals. A conical hat wouldn't go amiss either.

·
Resident 'NAM nut
2,633 Posts
I'd really like to see ACE release another grunt. The Cliff Dweller figure seems to have sold out the quickest of their offerings. They could spice up a "re-issue" of that guy by making him an assistant gunner/ammo bearer. Give him 4 belts of 7.62 ammo, the M60 ammo bandolier and an accurate era ammo box. They could even follow that up with their own M60 gunner to compete with DAM's offering.

Besides that (which, selfishly is what I'd want most) they have plenty of things they could do. Communist forces from that era have been untouched since 21C/DML did their versions.
Communist Forces
NVA Regular
NVA Machine Gunner
NVA with an RPG
Counter SOG team NVA
NVA Sniper
These guys could come with either the Khaki or Green uniforms just for variety's sake.
Male or Female Vietcong equivalents of any of the above mentioned NVA.

Other US/Allied figures I can think of off the top of my head
USMC Sniper (Camo or non camo uniform)
ARVN(s)
Australian grunt(s)
Early war USMC soldier
Khe Sahn/Tet USMC soldier
US Army/USMC Medic
Early war (Ia Drang) US Army grunt
Late war US Army/USMC grunts
Additional SOG members
Additional SEAL's
USMC Force Recon

they have a TON of subject matter to hit, maybe their social media presence has dropped because they're sorting out what to release?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
What ACE needs to do now is give us some wider variety. Maybe a pilot or how 'bout some enemies for their grunts? I'd suggest a fully equipped NVA with rucksack, rice bag, AK47, chest rig, pith helmet and either the green uniform with the canvas shoes or black pajamas with sandals. A conical hat wouldn't go amiss either.
I think that would be the best way forward for them. Making use of the same gear over and over is a necessary evil, but if they sprinkled some more unique subject matter between it would give the line more legs. When you use the same gear over and over it fatigues dealers and customers alike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This hobby needs less heroes and more Enemy Combatants. GI JOE Cobra items always sell well.

Everybody wants to make a hero, but they have to have something to shoot at.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I concur good sir, NVA and VC is what we need!!
I was just wondering this myself. I'm afraid ACE may have overdone it with a few too many similar figures in too short a time. I know that when I called around looking for parts for their second last offering, most of the parters weren't even getting it because it had mostly the same parts as they'd already had. Hope I'm wrong.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts

I concur good sir, NVA and VC is what we need!!
well, i do have to agree. would be nice to have 1 or 2.

This hobby needs less heroes and more Enemy Combatants. GI JOE Cobra items always sell well.

Everybody wants to make a hero, but they have to have something to shoot at.
more cobra forces???? umm yes please. i really could use a trooper or two or three or even six.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I could use an F-35 Joint Strike Fighter pilot.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
I could use an F-35 Joint Strike Fighter pilot.
Well ACE only does NAM stuff at the moment so, dont think they are gonna do a F-35 Fighter Pilot. If you want a pilot from them, it would be a F-6 Phantom or F-105 pilot instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts