One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy some cobra trooper uniforms, for a few bashes. On ebay they want to much, and on monkey depot, and blackops toys they don't have any. Is their any other decent sites to get some?

·
Per ardua ad astra
1,105 Posts
Check out 7toys7, War-toys, Toy Anxiety, gijoeelite.com, Echo Base Toys. I don't know if those shops I mentioned carry the stuff you're looking for. But include them to the list of shops you frequent.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry but there is little around in terms of Sideshow Cobra trooper loose uniforms, hence the over-the-top pricing. May be if you can find someone who'll make them for you, over at Sideshow Freaks would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
You buy them when and where you can unfortunately. The Sideshow figures are long out of production now and generally sell fairly high used and are often not in great condition. Most of the gear has little appeal outside of the uniforms for the troopers these days, so hence the uniforms and helmets sell for more. You might want to get in touch with spiderrogue as he does some custom gi joe outfits.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
This is an example of where a demand/expectation/want does not match the current availability and reality.

Quite honestly, what you're demanding/wanting is not readily or at all available in terms of pricing you very likely have in mind and there is no secondary or custom source for them.

The items you seek are long gone or in very rare supply and priced as such.

This is a common scenario in the 1:6 hobby with regards to a variety of items being desired and sought after by new and old collectors alike where the items just are no longer available.

The best bet is to find a seamstress who can accommodate what you're looking for, but be prepared to pay accordingly.

Good night and good luck.

OH . . . just one associated rant when it comes to 1:6 seamstress commissions.

I know of an instance where a collector approached a seamstress (who I know) in a completely wrong manner. He's basically a cheapskate. He commissioned the seamstress for a custom outfit. She was being kind and accommodated his request and sent the outfit in advance of the payment (bad move). Once received, he mailed her $20.00 USD and said that's all he'll pay. Because of that word got out what a douche bag is he and no one pretty much ever dealt with him again with regards to trade or commissions and he lamented online how come no one with deal with him anymore. He once bugged fellow collectors about giving him the boots/sneakers from the HT Ellen Ripley figure by claiming they're not great so please let him have them. I should know because he PMed me a couple of times. I never responded.

·
Registered
711 Posts
This is an example of where a demand/expectation/want does not match the current availability and reality.

Quite honestly, what you're demanding/wanting is not readily or at all available in terms of pricing you very likely have in mind and there is no secondary or custom source for them.

The items you seek are long gone or in very rare supply and priced as such.

This is a common scenario in the 1:6 hobby with regards to a variety of items being desired and sought after by new and old collectors alike where the items just are no longer available.

The best bet is to find a seamstress who can accommodate what you're looking for, but be prepared to pay accordingly.

Good night and good luck.

OH . . . just one associated rant when it comes to 1:6 seamstress commissions.

I know of an instance where a collector approached a seamstress (who I know) in a completely wrong manner. He's basically a cheapskate. He commissioned the seamstress for a custom outfit. She was being kind and accommodated his request and sent the outfit in advance of the payment (bad move). Once received, he mailed her $20.00 USD and said that's all he'll pay. Because of that word got out what a douche bag is he and no one pretty much ever dealt with him again with regards to trade or commissions and he lamented online how come no one with deal with him anymore. He once bugged fellow collectors about giving him the boots/sneakers from the HT Ellen Ripley figure by claiming they're not great so please let him have them. I should know because he PMed me a couple of times. I never responded.
Thank you for sharing and that sucks that the seamstress was screwed by a douche. The problem that some people have, normally those that do not dwell in 1/6 custom parts, is that they do not consider the cost of labor and research that has to go into making a unique outfit. I am sure that the seamstress spent hours working on the outfit, which is worth more than $20

$20 is way too low even if the outfit was from a third party company.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Thank you for sharing and that sucks that the seamstress was screwed by a douche. The problem that some people have, normally those that do not dwell in 1/6 custom parts, is that they do not consider the cost of labor and research that has to go into making a unique outfit. I am sure that the seamstress spent hours working on the outfit, which is worth more than $20

$20 is way too low even if the outfit was from a third party company.
i agree! i know that it takes talent. you should pay atleast $60, unless someone wants to charge less, like 50, but i don't think that is likely. that said, someone needs to make some sets for offer, i'd like atleast one, and a maybe a female one too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i agree! i know that it takes talent. you should pay atleast $60, unless someone wants to charge less, like 50, but i don't think that is likely. that said, someone needs to make some sets for offer, i'd like atleast one, and a maybe a female one too.
Spiderrogue, who posted on this thread, makes Gi Joe uniforms. See if he has anything you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts