One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Im a Picatinny Rail Nut
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What started out as a simple bash is turning into what seems almost like a never ending story. Im in the process of putting together a kitbash but I keep getting all these great ideals to add to it. What do you do to keep your kitbash's from growing and growing.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The bash blob

I don't think you ever finish. I delivered a figure I worked on for three plus years to a museum last Friday and on the way in I was thinking"I couldv'e done this, maybe this.... :sadshake

·
Registered
157 Posts
-

I like to sketch my figure ideas and then when the sketch is final I just buy or build the parts I need. For me sticking to the sketch lets me know when it's done.

·
Starving Student
396 Posts
get another figure and start sqaud building muhahahah!!!!!!!!!!

Like Nero though I almost always start my bashes with a "shopping list" of things I need for the bash and work from that, sometimes I make a sketch or too. If I can't decide on how I want something, often I just add anotehr figure to the shelf.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I know what you mean. I started a female stormtrooper almost four years ago and it has evolved into something completely different. The problem is I've never been happy with the work I've put into it and now it sits in a box while I try to figure out where to go next. I think another part of the problem is that as I work on projects I learn new tricks and end up adding or changing things to make them better. Oh well I'll either finish it one day or strip it down and do something completely different with the figure.

Paul

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
uramegak said:
Not a problem for me as I lack the gear to bash many of the ideas which I have, conversely, lack the idea of use for the gear which I possess.
Hmmmm Strangely profound...:erm
On the other hand my friend yours is not problem at all. Create my friend..do it till you're satisfied and be most greatful that you have both the imagination and the resources to do so....

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I usually play my PS or take a shower and focus my attention elsewhere.

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,010 Posts
PSCMatt:
Basically impatience and money. I just don't have the money to get that super gucci version of this chest rig so that's speeds things up. So I make my own stuff and after I've finished making my own uniform/gear I want to move on to the next kitbash; that's impatience :D I've had enough :p
xavier

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I keep adding all the parts I want until it inevitably shelf-dives (either from the shame of being so ridiculously overladen, either that or gravity actually works), and the the whole thing explodes on a starburst of really expensive gear. Shake the bitsa of shattered ink plastic out, rinse and repeat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.