One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
:grinroll :grinroll :grinroll

That made my day. I need to catch my breath after that one!

(Hint: A little rubbing alcohol on the soles of the boots should clean them up just fine.)

·
The rest will flow
333 Posts
Not gonna lie; I lol'd.

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
Them there tree rats is good eatin'z!!!
........ "eatin'z" :lol...love it!!! (i kinda read that in a Gabby Hayes accent,...spit!!!~ ding!!)

But, my, my , my...everyone does seem to have their serious heads on today.
I just saw the funny side of the actual photo.

Ah well Looey, it gave me a chuckle mate.

Neil.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,344 Posts
I had this sent to me a while back. Something under the heading of record breaking hunt. I howled at it. It was followed with the "Don't mess with the Saskatchewan Army, we'll kick your a__", a gopher with a bazooka.

·
1stlooey
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But, my, my , my...everyone does seem to have their serious heads on today.
I just saw the funny side of the actual photo.

Ah well Looey, it gave me a chuckle mate.

Neil.
Thanks for that, Neil. Nice to see somebody over there has a sense of humor.

Ed

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Oh noes, the Iranians have indeed stopped our poor spy squirrels.. at least this one didn't go down without a fight.
http://www.abdolian.com/thoughts/?p=843 ;)

That picture is way old and I wouldn't put my figures next to it but at least it gave others a chuckle, still puts a wry smirk on my face. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I consider myself a man. I also think I'm possessed with a bit of a sense of humor. But I never did see the humor in this or any other "boy-meets-animal-and -finds-humor-in-death" goings-on. Never tied a firecracker to a cat's tail, or threw toads at speeding cars. Never shoved a flaming-fused anything up an animal's butt, either.

Just because things get laughed at by some doesn't necessarily make them humorous. Sometimes, a laugh is a response when all others fail. That nervous laugh when you're about to get your butt whipped is a good example.

I reckon if somebody had a hamster as a kid and really cared for it, this might not be funny. Or anybody who may be (gasp!) one of those sissy-boys who might like animals. I guess I'd be a sissy-boy in that case. I'm not going to laugh because all the other guys are.

Some guys who'd laugh at this would be up in arms over a flag-burning. Or napalm victims. Or babies being swung by their heels against a tree. Those who laugh would be branded "sick" or disturbed by the moral high-grounders who find humor in dead animals. Again, it may be an alternative response in the face of no alternative.

Unlike probably a good number these days who'd find this funny, I've killed more squirrels.....come to think of it, I've killed alot of stuff......than most here would have the opportunity in this day's social climate. There's an observed dignity that many hunters bestow upon the act of killing, and not all find any humor in it whatsoever.

Sure, this is probably a clever and funny sight gag to quite a number of people. But, if someone finds it distasteful, it doesn't make them "wrong" or humorless. Just entitled to their own opinion.

I'd probably laugh my assoff seeing many of your faces if I walked up and, sissy-boy that I am, peeled that roadkill, cooked it up, and ate it while you all puked. 'Course, to me, that's funny.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Out of curiosity what does squirrel taste like?
Its illegal to touch or move roadkill around here I think. Instead some guy comes up in a truck with a nail on a pole and a garbage bag.
Had to dodge a cat the other day. It wasn't a pretty sight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.