1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
not EchoBase Tung (Staff emeritus)
2,995 Posts
looks to be the standard government issued tactical vest

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's your vanilla Individual Tactical Load Bearing Vest (ITLBV) - came out '88-89, issued widely but in Woodland camouflage. At the time of 'Desert Shield' one of the manufacturers decided that it would be a good idea to make them in desert sand colour. I remember these being in the US Cavalry store catalogue during 'Gulf War I'. AFAIK they were not an issued item but commercially purchased.

It was always my understanding the above guys were SF, not Marines.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Not sure about the vest, but by the visible rank, they are Army and not Marines.

And, yeah, the pockets thing was around prior to DS pivot. Just not seen as much as they are today, with all the media available these last few years.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
My friend scanned it from book. It said Marines. You guys should slap publishers for making this mistake. :knock
Hey Merc,
Very well could be Marines, but I would hazard a bet that the book is wrong. Nothing new there, eh? LOL

I don't see the rifles the Marine version of Rank normally has , and the pockets make me think Army, Special Forces .

·
Registered
6 Posts
The way the pockets are slanted suggests a LBV. I do notice that the straps are different, but then again it wouldnt be the first time someone had modified a item of equipment.

About the rank. It could be either, Army and Marine rank look a lot alike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts