One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2016, Chronicle Collectibles unveiled some 1:6 prototypes for several licenses they had at SDCC: Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Conan the Barbarian, and Vikings.

There hasn't been any news since, and some posters here seem to think that something may have happened between ACI, who were apparently set to make the figures, and Chronicle:

ACI x Chronicle Collectibles 1/6 < Conan the Barbarian > + < Vikings >

Chronicle Collectibles 1:6 Conan?????

Does anyone have anything more substantial or more up-to-date?

I was hoping that if this line took off, Chronicle might be tempted to do Horus and Anubis from StarGate, since they have the StarGate licence.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,909 Posts
ACI has gone under I believe. I have not seen anything from them, they no longer answer emails or on their facebook. Not one of their previews has seen the light of day in over a year. So sadly, if they've gone then that connection with Chronicle would have disintegrated. Although ACI do have a new website layout..so something still got the lights on

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I was at SDCC this year and saw the Chronicle Booth, so I asked them about Conan 1/6 figures. They said they were still pursuing it but "the 1/6 market is difficult to crack" and they looked pained when responding. I asked if we can expect any news on the figure this year and they said no chance.

Whether that means they can't find a partner to produce it or that they can't figure out how to produce it & still make a profit, the result is the same: Don't hold your breath.

Kaustic Plastik previewed a new head and costume set though, so combined with a Phicen body, you should be able to easily bash a very good quality one soon.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I asked them on Instagram about The Conan figure and they said he'll be in production. This year. So I thought ok same answer last time I asked.

·
Why am i here?
3,809 Posts
They actually posted a ton of FB posts about this stuff at comicon this year. I asked their social media person and apparently they went through r&d hell. My guess is they tried to outsource some stuff and the deals fell thru so they ended up doing everything in house. They said the bodies are their own bodies. So I'm assuming they had to start all over at one point.

Also, Alan Grant, The Raptor, and Conan are the only items they're advertising/showing off now so the licensing for Owen (Chris Pratt) must have lapsed or been time limited for the first movie, as they don't seem to be making him anymore which is a shame.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,891 Posts
Chronicle Collectibles have issues of their own making. That's all.

·
Tiger I Info Center
1,041 Posts
ACI has gone under I believe. I have not seen anything from them, they no longer answer emails or on their facebook. Not one of their previews has seen the light of day in over a year. So sadly, if they've gone then that connection with Chronicle would have disintegrated. Although ACI do have a new website layout..so something still got the lights on
Is this true? Did ACI really go under?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts