One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man,
I have been on the phone all day with UPS store's customer service department. I went in to a UPS store yesterday to mail an item. I had to buy a box for it. So I buy a box and begin to put the items in it when the Manager says that you can't package them in here unless you pay us to do it. So she makes me go outside. I go outside and package it and bring it back in then she says the only way that she is sending it is without insurance since they didn't package it. How ironic. So I just mail it since I need it to go. I then call the UPS customer service. UPS tells me that the UPS stores are not owned by them and that they are franchised. Wonderful. SO they give me the UPS Store's customer service number. I call this number and the customer service Rep Richard takes my call. I explain the situation to him and he says that each store sets their own policy. Great. So then I ask to speak to his supervisor. He tells me that it is not a Supervisor issue and hangs up on me. So I call back and talk to a Mario in the customer service department and that I want to talk to the supervisor about this Richard fellow. Mario says I'll forward it on to the supervisor and have them call you back. I say okay. Well guess who calls back.....Richard. He then states the same thing he said earlier and hangs up on me again. So I get the corporate number off their website. I call that and the Secretary Alta tells me she will transfer me to the supervisor. Well low and behold it is Richard again. He then hangs up on me again. See a pattern here. So then I call back and the secretary gets an attitude with me when I want to speak to the person that is above the Customer Service department. She tells me that they don't take phone calls. Yea right. She then goes on to state that they are owned by UPS and take it up with them. So I call UPS back and the nice customer service rep tells me that they don't own the UPS stores they are franchised and that they only ship through them. The only complaint number she has leads to Richard so I guess I'm out of luck. Any thoughts on how to complain to someone there about Richard? Also I refuse to do business with UPS stores anymore since it seems that Alta and Richard are the ones running the show and neither one could find their @$$ with both hands. Sorry for the long rant but it has been a long day of dealing with Richard. :chainsaw
Jim

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
i can't help it, but that Richard guy reminds me of David Spade's Richard Hayden character in Tommy Boy. :rolling

the whole thing's not funny though. i can't believe stuff like that actually happens.

there's gotta be some name on a website, in the phone book, on an ad.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
nice rant, and customer service can be a pain in the A$$. Luckily for me, my cousin works at redondo UPS, so idon't get too much crap. (Always remember (Me included) almost anybody Named Richard can be is a dick most of the times.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts