One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

What do you want to see more of in 2008 and beyond?

• Modern

Votes: 74 32.3%
  • 'Nam

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • Korea

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • WW2

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • WW1

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Historic (Any era pre WW1.)

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Sci Fi/Futuristic Military

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • Licensed (Movie, TV & Gaming)

Votes: 35 15.3%
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen with disdain the poll SS tucked away on their site, I decided to do one myself and put it where everyone can see it. I hope the categories are ones you are interested in.

I myself would like to see Modern, Nam, Korea and Futuristic figures coming out. Sure there maybe manufacturers doing stuff already, but a bit of competition can't hurt and it gives you more gear to choose from when bashing

So, tell me what you want, what you really really want.....

CHEERS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I want more Sci-Fi movie licensed figures. Bring on Blade Runner, more Robocop (I want a HT Cain dammit!), Fifth Element, Firefly and Serenity, etc.

I wish Hot Toys would consider doing a Sonny figure from I,Robot.

·
Rogue Trader
1,263 Posts
Awesome thread subject Rogerbee!! I voted for more Games based figures! A solid HALO or Gears of War figure, not to mention (dare I say it) WH40K, I mean its already broke into the PC realm, why not 1:6th.....but that said, I'd love to see more Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six figures (although you could bash them realatively easily)...but an all time must...STARCRAFT!! Imagine a Terran Marine, or a GHOST operative! I'd love to see someone take stuff from FASA Corporation, Shadow Run...and definately Infinity....man, I could go on for eva!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
More up-to-date modern...........MultiCam and Body Armour clothng.

More countries.

Thanks for asking.

Nasty out

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Since we could only vote for one, I voted Korea because that seems to be one of the least covered conflicts in 1/6th, IMHO. However, my interest can be interpreted as rather more narrow or broader depending:

WWII-French, Korean War - all UN forces represented, French Indochina & Algiers, Malaysian Emergency.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's interesting to see the Sci Fi/Futuristic category getting so many votes. I included this as I thought it'd be nice to see the manufacturers flex their creative muscles and give us their own takes on what the fighters of the future would look like.

Gaming figures would be nice but don't have such a broad appeal to 1/6 collectors or indeed retailers. Licensed stuff lives or dies by character likeness, and after SS got several figures so wrong, retailer interest has all but died. Military subjects are steady sellers and retailers like that, broadening the range of eras on offer will benefit them and us and will ensure that companies like DML, BBI, HT etc keep going. It avoids stagnation which DML is in danger of if it carries on the way it has been.

Keep the votes coming in, there's no closing date so vote when you can

CHEERS!

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
I know its strange for me to type this, but I'm getting sick of SS figures- More specifically Machinegunners. More Fallschirmjager and heer figures are needed.

G

·
Rog,

I think you might be making a mistake by judging interest in a product by how it would play in the 1\6th scale community. I think that whenever you make a high quality product based on a franchise that there will be droves of hardcore fanboys lining up. Look at all those ungodly expensive statues and pf figures sideshow makes. I really doubt theres a "really detailed sculptures of random pop culture characters" community. But there are a lot of people that go "thats my favorite movie ! I Have to have that no matter the cost !".

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I haven't done extensive research. Still, I really don't think I'm wrong here.

Also in my very humble opinion I think it would be a goldmine if a company like HT picked up Starcraft. That game is nearly 10 years old and there are people who still play it professionally.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Wysdom888 said:
For me personally, I believe that HT has already responded...their upcoming lineup looks great for 2008 with new Modern offerings. :clapI agree, i normally been buying parts and nude figures but i see afew boxed sets on the horizon
:devilhnd

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I've been a modern junkie since day one, but I'd be interested to see some expanded Nam selection, and depending on the licenses picked up, I'm always interested to see figures based on video games.

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Hardcase01 said:
Yes, Yes you can. We're good that way here at the OSW. We believe in differing interests, and guns, girls and money are reasonable substitutions for Beer.
There is no substitute for beer.

Philistines... :sadshake

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.