One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Get a HT box set. Whatever you don't need you can donate them to me:)

Hahaha just kidding. You can use those parts for another bash......the collection will just keep growing......

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Holy moley thats a lot of poundage. Hope you're shopping around for the best prices and shipping quotes.
Won't tell you what to do with your cash, but I'd suggest you do what makes you happier.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Kit bashing is what keeps this hobby alive for me. I love trying to do more and more with each one. Repainting heads, weathering uniforms, creating custom parts... Those are the things that make me love this hobby-- and I love seeing other people's work, too!

If I buy a boxed figure, it's just to strip it down for parts. But, each of us has our own way of enjoying the 1:6 hobby, and you must find yours, too.

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
Hey all its me, john. i have just sold £70 worth of spare 1/6 parts on ebey and was just wondering ...

do i buy more parts and do my own hot toys figure or buy my first hot toys figure new in box ...

i have no idea what do you think :D
be a sport and do both....I would if I could afford it!:thumb

·
Registered
10 Posts
What do I think?

Well, I think that once you get through selection, your Sergeant will be doing all of your thinking and decision making for you.

Might as well take this chance, especially becoming a man and all, to make your own decisions while you still can for a bit.

It's your money, spend it like you want. You already know what you want to buy, you don't need any confirmation from the group.

·
Old Hero's Die Hard
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol i reckon i will go for parts i think £20 on weapons £30 on gear (helmates, webbing, ect...) and £20 on uniforms, and i will probably go for the cheapest ebey store which is ACTIONTOYSHK lol just gunna price up a few items order them and show you what i got and how i used them when they come :D

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Everyone owes themselves one complete HT figure new in the box, weather you plan to bash it or just display it or never even take it out. You will most likely be able to find HT parts to bash your figures as the new HT figure comes out when they come out. But take a look around ebay and see what an older box HT figure goes for. It is like your first girlfriend. You always remember her name and that first kiss.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
I agree... Ya gotta get yourself at least one Hot Toy fresh from the Box Figure... However do not forsake the Joy of creating a figure made by you for you to your specification. Bash Young man Bash.....!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
This is the central riddle of this hobby. The hardest thing to do is decide what is right for yourself, and the best thing to do is get opinions of those who are on this board. I did the same thing, and came to the conclusion that I am going to collect a ton of boxed and likely not to be open figures, while also doing bash projects to continue to be hands on. The difficult thing for me is not cracking a new one open (as I look at the HT PCU Sniper on my desk right now) and coming up with the next project to keep me going. The next difficult issue, and one I still have not solved, is how to build up those parts boxes so you can put one together when the mood hits. I have been bashing now for about a year, and I still dont know if I could really just put together a bash I like from the ground up. The real plus is that there are a number of great businesses out there to get whatever you may desire. Even custom parts can be created. The hobby is limitless. Go with what makes you happy, and enjoy it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.