One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BBi Fanboy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know the original wasn't exactly Shakespeare, but it was head and shoulders above this garbage. In fact, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I suspected it would be little more than a 2-hour Ford commercial, but I had to stop watching it when I reached the Ford Focus/Mustang contest spot. I refused to be used. This thing was basically Ford's version of "The Last Ride" (a made-for-TV ripoff of "The Fast and the Furious" that GM sponsored as a promotional piece for the Pontiac GTO).

Why do producers feel the need to make every show a cheesy, pseudo music video with choppy editing and disposable alterno-rock? When I discovered that KR was produced by the guy behind the OC and the guy behind Born Identity, it all started to make sense, especially the crappy, Mtv-ish, OC-inspired editing and soundtrack. :sadshake

KITT sucks too. The original KITT's full digital dashboard was awesome and real. By real, I mean the car had been altered and the readouts and displays existed, even if the images on the monitors were added in. The new KITT's nearly stock dash with CG-inserted control panel/center console is just lame. The original KITT didn't have Pontiac emblems, but the new KITT is emblazoned with the Cobra emblems. I think it's quite obvious the thing is a Ford (a fact reinforced by the multiple Ford commercials), there's no need for silly crap like the chrome snakes.:knock

Oh, and non-suppressed weapons will make that cool "thyoop!" sound effect, but only if you're dressed in black and are evil. Or if you shoot a Roomba.:rolleyes

I hope this show doesn't get picked up, and I hope the writers learn a valuable lesson: don't make crap.
Rant over.

·
Private Investigator
2,379 Posts
i saw the trailer and a few pics on the internet, and i knew this show was an epic failure.

i loved the original knight rider, though.

stop the darned remakes already! :rant

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
I love to watch Re-Runs of that show....But this whole remake thing is really getting old. I might have been up for it, but the "Miami Vice" movie really turned me off (Don't get me started on that movie!).

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
It was dripping with the same cheese that the original had. I loved both. This was a great show that did an excellent job of re-creating the "feel" or atmosphere of the original. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
As an employee at a FORD dealership,it made me kinda sick myself with all the product placement.And those lame Focus/Mustang commercials,jesus.And that EDGE chasing KITT was over the top.That Mustang "KR" Cobra would have smoked that Egde all over the place.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ki3000?

The new KITT better hope KARR doesn't make a return- he may be a 25 year old Pontiac, but KARR would kick the tailpipes off this new KITT.

And what's with the pieces of KITT in whats-his-name's garage? I thought KI2000 was destroyed in the pilot for that lame Knight Rider pilot in the 90s- didn't they rebuild KITT as a red dodge stealth or something?

And somebody tell the Hoff he got his characters mixed up; instead the cheesy, wise-cracking Michael Knight, he seemed to be channeling his sucky made-for-tv Nick Fury...

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
The new KITT better hope KARR doesn't make a return- he may be a 25 year old Pontiac, but KARR would kick the tailpipes off this new KITT.

And what's with the pieces of KITT in whats-his-name's garage? I thought KI2000 was destroyed in the pilot for that lame Knight Rider pilot in the 90s- didn't they rebuild KITT as a red dodge stealth or something?

And somebody tell the Hoff he got his characters mixed up; instead the cheesy, wise-cracking Michael Knight, he seemed to be channeling his sucky made-for-tv Nick Fury...
He was at a funeral you know.I'm sure he didn't want to "wise-crack" to the guy who just buried his mom.

I was kinda hoping he would drive away in KITT though.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Yeah CorranJ, I had that same thought. The kid turned it down, so what the heck bring back the Hoff.

And I don't see how KARR would kick the new KITT's tailpipes. He was made 25 years ago. Old tech. And I am sure we didn't see all of the new KITT's abilities.

Hey whatever, it was still an enjoyable program.

·
Registered
233 Posts
KARR vs KITT Jr.

And I don't see how KARR would kick the new KITT's tailpipes. He was made 25 years ago. Old tech. And I am sure we didn't see all of the new KITT's abilities.

Hey whatever, it was still an enjoyable program.
Aside from the fact that the new KITT, in keeping with NBC's gay theme, is probably a pink Ford Probe hybrid at heart, KITT Jr. isn't bullet proof; he can fix himself rapildy through nanotechnology. But what if his pieces were scattered across the road from the collision of an armored Pontiac with a jet turbine engine? Would Kitt Jr. melt and reform like the T1000? Lame.

Maybe next year NBC can bring back Airwolf as a small, hand-carryable drone piloted by a VR helmet. A mini Blue Thunder capable of downing full-sized aircraft...

·
1:6 Casuality
1,122 Posts
Wasn't interested. Irks me that something like this could get picked up by NBC who canceled a much more fulfilling show like Journeyman.
The Bionic Woman show is pretty shallow as well BTW, but that's still going to be on-air (is the strike over yet?).

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only redeeming factor of the original show (which also made me want to punch a car in the mouth) was the scientist chick in the trailer with the huge eyebrows.

To show how indifferent I am to the whole KR market, I didn't even know about the new one....or care.

Unless, of course, there's another hottie with big eyebrows to hold my attention.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Well CMartin, Kitt drove away from a collision with a Chevy Tahoe with out a scratch. I doubt the molecular bonded sheet metal of Karr would fair much better. It has nothing to do with brand either. It's all about the tech.

·
Lurker .... or somefin
5,301 Posts
Well CMartin, Kitt drove away from a collision with a Chevy Tahoe with out a scratch. I doubt the molecular bonded sheet metal of Karr would fair much better. It has nothing to do with brand either. It's all about the tech.
YES!

I really hate how people say "It shoulda been a Trans Am!! IT SHOULDA BEEN A TRANS AM!" ... HAVE YOU SEEN NEXT YEARS TRANS AM?! It looks JUST like the damn Mustang! ONLY WORSE!! I was very happy with how KITT was portrayed and such.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Scratched and battered

Actualy, if you look close, KITT Jr. was seriously damaged, then "healed" fast. Basically, the new KITT is like Wolverine, whereas KARR is more like Collossus.

I don't mind the new KITT being a Mustang, me being a Ford fan and all, but I think the nantech repair thing is ridiculous. And an obvious rip off of the Mach 5's memory metal.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Didn't watch it. Not gonna. I'm waiting for them to remake a CLASSIC talking car show. Yes, I'm talking about "My Mother the Car" only I want Estelle Harris, who played George's mom on "Seinfeld" to supply the voice of the car. Jason Alexander/George Costanza would be gravy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts