One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a body that has good articulation that will fit a DID head sculpt, because frankly DID bodies are awful when it comes to articulation.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Its own New Era body, by its looks it has better articulation. The Crazy Dummy and the HT Clones if cost is a factor. I prefer the Crazy Dummy among all the knock offs.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
BLU TACK!! it works wonders dude and you can use practically any body!

peace out
Miguel

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
because frankly DID bodies are awful when it comes to articulation
compared to what other bodies?

Sorry but I have to disagree. I have about 37 of these bodies (loose) and they are just as articulated as any other body out there. The only problem if you want to call it that is they are a little on the tall side and use a proprietary neck ball size so only their connectors will fit properly.

As for your question, which DID heads are you asking about? the newer ones, old ones, ones with adapters or without?

DID Heads in general have a smaller neck hole then say Dragon or Headplay. The adapters that come (sometimes, depends on the seller) with the new heads (from the all Era Body) have a small ball size so many of the "newer" bodies won't directly work.

You really should read through this to get an idea of what it out there, cause any body that takes a head with a neck can be made to fit, and bodies with neck adapters can also be made to fit...

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ign-itpt-si-ss-sst-tc-ts-trd-zcwo-bodies.html

Anything can be made to fit, it just takes a little modeling skill.

Also with so many of the same type of body on the market, don't be afraid to buy a few to test out, it never hurts to have different bodies in hand to play with.

No one body will do it all...at least that is what I keep getting told...

·
Nactu...Pheractu...Nictu?
2,318 Posts
compared to what other bodies?

Sorry but I have to disagree. I have about 37 of these bodies (loose) and they are just as articulated as any other body out there. The only problem if you want to call it that is they are a little on the tall side and use a proprietary neck ball size so only their connectors will fit properly.

As for your question, which DID heads are you asking about? the newer ones, old ones, ones with adapters or without?

DID Heads in general have a smaller neck hole then say Dragon or Headplay. The adapters that come (sometimes, depends on the seller) with the new heads (from the all Era Body) have a small ball size so many of the "newer" bodies won't directly work.

You really should read through this to get an idea of what it out there, cause any body that takes a head with a neck can be made to fit, and bodies with neck adapters can also be made to fit...

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ign-itpt-si-ss-sst-tc-ts-trd-zcwo-bodies.html

Anything can be made to fit, it just takes a little modeling skill.

Also with so many of the same type of body on the market, don't be afraid to buy a few to test out, it never hurts to have different bodies in hand to play with.

No one body will do it all...at least that is what I keep getting told...
Dunno....DID bods couldn't really shoulder a rifle nicely, last time I checked. Kind of a big factor in this hobby...

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Dunno....DID bods couldn't really shoulder a rifle nicely, last time I checked. Kind of a big factor in this hobby...
Looks shouldered to me, unless i am getting the word shouldering wrong...and this is one of the longer rifles around...

Kneeling as well...

Now I could play with it a bit more and have it really snugged up to his shoulder, but I was just playing around to take a quick picture. This body also does a nice weaver stance due to its shoulder articulation.

The limiting factor I think with any body is the hands/wrist pegs and feet/ankles as to which "action" pose they can make.

I like the DID body but to each their own, that is why there is so many others out there, variety, cause No one body does it all...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your poses look natural and good.

For me, I find the problem in getting the head to turn in and aim down the rifle sights. Doesn't show in your pictures cos you did not have the heads on. I have the same problem with Dragon bodies. I think the neck joint does not allow as much movement for such a pose as I find in Soldier Story and Hot Toys figures. It always ends up as if the figure is looking in the vicinity of the sights of not really looking down the sights.

I am not much good at modifying, so I just have to buy the figures that I can work with.

Otherwise, I like the new DiD bodies if you are having them stand to attention, like General Frank.

Looks shouldered to me, unless i am getting the word shouldering wrong...and this is one of the longer rifles around...

Kneeling as well...

Now I could play with it a bit more and have it really snugged up to his shoulder, but I was just playing around to take a quick picture. This body also does a nice weaver stance due to its shoulder articulation.

The limiting factor I think with any body is the hands/wrist pegs and feet/ankles as to which "action" pose they can make.

I like the DID body but to each their own, that is why there is so many others out there, variety, cause No one body does it all...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.