One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lots of wepons... rifles, assault rifles, etc. that are just piled into drawers of plastic storage boxes. But with these "long" weapons, the scopes, small attachments and magazines come off in the drawer and slings get tangled.

Anyone have an inexpensive solution to organizing and storing stuff like this?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I seperate everything...M4s with M4s...machine guns/rocket/grenade launchers in the heavy weapons drawer...sniper rifles/HK stuff in another drawer...then i have a drawer of just mags, scopes, RIS parts...I'll get pics after I arrange everything this weekend..got my collection from the movers last weekend...just no time during this week to setup my hobby room.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Ty, I have, but it's nearly 1.00 a.m. here and 'drink has been taken'. I'll post the pic tomorrow (my time), but have a look in the (finger) nail section of your local store in the mean time..........

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
OK, I have 2 mins but can't do photos now - people of the girlie persuasion use foam rubber jobbies to put between their toes when painting their toe nails. Use two (at barrel and butt stock) to snugly hold 4 long guns in place.

This sort of thing:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I use Flambeau Tuff Tainer boxes. They're flat, clear plastic, and have moveable dividers so you can make different-sized compartments for your various weapons and accessories. I use the 5004 model, but there's several different sizes to choose from.

HJ

·
frustrated hobbiest
1,602 Posts
I use plastic pencil boxes, and old cigar boxes, and those shoe sized plastic boxed, and those little plastic boxes for baby wipes...

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
the only hobby which trumps my 1:6 scale hobby doing is fishing, which is why i havent actually finished a bash in 2 months. as a result of this, ive begun to use large salt water tackle boxes with big, resizable compartments for all my weapons. I ahve two, the smaller ones for all my mags, grenades, knives, and pistols, while the other for all sorts of long guns, sorted by type.

·
Guns, guns and more guns
1,193 Posts
I use those acrylic card boxes, the 400 piece ones for assault rifles, shotguns, etc., 250 for SMGs, 50 and 25 for pistols and grenades...I'll have to get a pic of my setup. I usually remove the slings but it'll stay neat and organized if you can stack the weapons up properly instead of dumping them in...

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I have 2 mins but can't do photos now - people of the girlie persuasion use foam rubber jobbies to put between their toes when painting their toe nails. Use two (at barrel and butt stock) to snugly hold 4 long guns in place.

This sort of thing:

That's a really interesting solution and I could probably use these and retrofit my current storage.

I use Flambeau Tuff Tainer boxes. They're flat, clear plastic, and have moveable dividers so you can make different-sized compartments for your various weapons and accessories. I use the 5004 model, but there's several different sizes to choose from.

HJ
Those are great and really inexpensive. I might give those a try as well.

Thanks, David and HJ.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,274 Posts
the only hobby which trumps my 1:6 scale hobby doing is fishing, which is why i havent actually finished a bash in 2 months. as a result of this, ive begun to use large salt water tackle boxes with big, resizable compartments for all my weapons. I ahve two, the smaller ones for all my mags, grenades, knives, and pistols, while the other for all sorts of long guns, sorted by type.
I have a similar type setup. I prefer Plano products my self. Great tackle boxes, and storage containers. You can customize the sizes of the storage. I have the rifles side by each in sectioned containers, as with all of of my gear. Except uniforms, still working on something for those.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use some wood boxes with pull-out drawers that I got from Ikea. There are different sized drawers, so you can put pistols in a small drawer and heavy weapons in a big drawer. I have two filled and have four more "too fill". I forget what they are called, but IIRC, they were less than $10 each, which I thought was a good deal.

If anyone is REALLY interested, I will post pics and/or dig one out and look at the label (several are still wrapped).

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I have lots of wepons... rifles, assault rifles, etc. that are just piled into drawers of plastic storage boxes. But with these "long" weapons, the scopes, small attachments and magazines come off in the drawer and slings get tangled.

Anyone have an inexpensive solution to organizing and storing stuff like this?
I have a home-store chain in my area called Fredmeyer. They sell in the hardware dept. Ziploc brand nail bins. It's basically a 6x6x6 cube with 4 drawers, costs $1.79. A couple of those hold all my "gun smithing" bits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.