One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Assembler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been messing around with blender and it has been fun but I'm looking for items that would be of interest in 1/6 scale that are simple enough for my skill level and also unavailable or hard to find in the 1/6 world. Some things that come to mind are: modular chain link fences, 55 gallon drums, and possibly various medieval time weapons / swords. Looking for cool ideas to get some practice in that aren't too big, a drum would probably be the largest item that is cost effective. Ordering some items for a personal project soon so I'm thinking about throwing in a few 1/6 items to take advantage of grouped shipping. I especially enjoy modeling furniture but I haven't thought of a specific object that would be useful anywhere but a barbie house :lol .

·
Assembler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tasers and bottles/cans are definitely do-able!

And I've been using Shapeways in the past so I will probably give them another shot. I was going to try out the detail plastic or strong and flexible plastic depending on object detail.

·
Assembler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, now that we've seen all he has to offer... :dunce

Also you should try making your models cheaper, I just recreated 6 cylinders with the dimensions of a 1:6 can and I can print them for well under $10. I really like the yellow marked up images though, very descriptive.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
$10 for all 6, or $10 each? Better be for all 6.......otherwise, that's a real expensive 6-pack.......:lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
What an impressive display of Thread Hijacking.

di3f00l, I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

·
Banned
117 Posts
What an impressive display of Thread Hijacking.

di3f00l, I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.
Wasn't trying to hijack the thread! Just showing what is already out there in the 3D print world, trying to save him some time. With that said, the Taser he mentioned has not been made and would be awesome to be made by someone.

If I was going to make a gun or any other prop for myself or someone else, I would want to know whats already out there!

I also mentioned Shapeways new specs on materials. They just this last week changed alot of things in uploading and new automated min wall thickness check. I have some things that passed and printed in the past and that are now being rejected. Seems like someone interested in 3D printing would want to know these things and have a heads up on tech changes.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts