One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
motivated and dedicated
1,754 Posts
When I see a chest rig I notice more they're squad leaders and up. I do like the rack. I was considering buying one but I ran out if money.

Thanks for chiming in Major Rod.

·
Registered
170 Posts
On the flip side, whenever I knew I was going to be going into the prone position, I would use the chest rig to my advantage. Push it up to your chest and rest your body on top of it. By doing that, you are taking all the weight off your elbows. When you stand up, it should fall back into place.

I have personally never owned a PIG plate carrier or the chest rig, but I am a fan of SKD. They are a good company with great CS. Apparently, Paul Howe designed the original according to the description. He would be in the category of guys who has BTDT and has probably put a considerable amount of thought into that design. The question you need to ask yourself is: "Is this the setup that would work best for me?".

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Ditto to all that VVV said. As a matter of fact, I received an E-Mail alert about that rig and was planning to post it as a "possible" for you to check out, silent. I have a package from SKD coming to me right now. This is a company that does NOT sell poorly made gear, so from a quality point of view, this could be worth checking out.

·
Soldier
979 Posts
Steve clued me into SKD and I have not been disappointed. They have great CS and their shipping time is unbeatable! On another note check out Tyr Tactical, they make some phenomenal gear and some one of a kind pieces as well. I have a few items on my kit that is made by them and its some very practical kit.

G

·
I've read a newspaper article recently which says the ARMY is test-wearing a new digital cammie uniform. A photo of what looks very much like the AOR2 is attached on it. It's interesting news considering Multicam is a relatively new standard.

Of course, digital cammie is nothing new to the ARMY. ACU back then was also a digital cammie. However, if this AOR2-liked cammie is adopted for woodland environment one'd assume the AOR1 or equivalent will also be adopted for desert terrain which means the ARMY is going to have the same or very similar looking uniform as that used in Navy currently. So thorectically speaking, in a desert surrounding, ARMY, Marine and Navy will look almost identical in their uniforms.

Of course, this doesn't mean much to us kitbashers. However, I can almost see a new series of ARMY figure in this new uniform coming out from SS and DT in the shortly future to replace the current Multicam ones. More new figures. Very interesting indeed.

181 - 187 of 187 Posts