One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, I deal with fullmetal and his customs. One pair of glasses goes for $110~120 shipped off ebay. They take between 8 to 10 hours to make one! Then there is the gold plating or chrome job.

Anyways, I get an offer of $25 on ebay by paulie60. Needless to say I rejected the offer without saying anything. The following are the messages after that.

paulie60: What's the lowest offer you will accept? Be real. $150 for a miniature pair of sunglasses made in a third world country is outrageous.

Me: This is said with respect and calmness. Something I did not take with your tone of voice.
Jon first of all is a highly respected artist in the 1/6 world. How much would you pay for the glasses in the western world? I will tell you. r********r charges $100 to a $120 for a pair of glasses and he uses lasers and all that kind of stuff. This is hand made. It takes him 9 to 10 hours to make a pair of glasses and you offered $25 for them. That is a slap in the face of Jon and I. With that said, I have sold over 80 pairs of glasses, ALL FOR OVER A $100 EACH!
We sell his glasses off ebay. ebay fees are way too high. You can get in touch with me here:
FullMetal Customs | Facebook
But it will be still be expensive.
Happy Holidays.

paulie60: 9 to 10 hours for one piece? Let me tell you something, I run crews who make props and sets for movies. If one of my people took that long to make one pair of glasses, they would be out of a job. 25 dollars is not an insult. It's what he and those glasses are worth. (Still being arrogant)

Me: Then have your crew make one for you.

paulie60: Good idea. And your sassy reply just got your message reported. It's against eBay policy to promote your own website.

Me: You know something, your a real treat. First you comment with your tone, and now this. Well, good for you. Two can play this game and I will tell you something... Nah... I will keep it to myself.

You know, I get crap like this about 2 or 3 times a year. In the beginning it was like 4 to 6 times per month! But I always stay cool and talk with respect, but this one...man...I wanted to curse him out. The ONLY ONE that I have posted here on OSW about...and I have had many, many others, but this guy...

Some people, you can't win...

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I find it hard to believe that this guy runs a crew in the film industry, since he should have some idea then of the expense of paying those people, and the cost of materials. A film production employs an army of people, and this POS is bitching about the efforts of one man...? F$&k him. Proof that he's full of s$&t.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
No.

What a piece of $%^& <CENSORED>ing @$$hole he is.

Hopefully, he'll die or suffer a personal setback in real life as karma. He earned it.

Added to my block list.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Though the thread is posted in the LOOSE BITS (OFF TOPIC) section, I believe it also needs to be posted in CELL BLOCK 6 so others know to avoid/block the douche bag.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Reason why I been thinking of stepping away from doing Commissions my self. people don't seem to understand. It takes time to make a 1 of a kind item. I mean TIME and Patience. But people want it to pay the cheapest they can get out of that item. Great example of what you said there David. *Why do I have to pay 120.00 for a set of miniature glasses.?*

It because the builder spends his time and no doubt money to make something from scratch. That's the key word... Scratch! It is annoying! It really freaking is!!! I wish Had the skill level Fullmetal! His work is mind blowing. While I sit here working with Plastic. Again, it get's annoying.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bad enough that they low-balled like that, but no need to be a dick about it and say someones work or item isn't worth it. If it isn't worth it to you then move along. Damn! some people really need to be disposed of.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hehe Dave. The buyer sells custom items on ebay. As and when he lists something, I am gonna lowball the heck out of them. Just to make his blood boil a little a day. :D

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
To get Dave mad you have to be real jerk. Unfortunately you run across these Ebay Price Experts from time to time. The weird thing is they always seem to have the same sort of buyer profile, and shop with the same random sellers. Very strange. Dave you deserve an award for shielding Jon from these sort of guys so he can make a fair living doing what he does.

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find it hard to believe that this guy runs a crew in the film industry...
You would think he know what the value of something is. He will find out. His crew is going to spend double that time making one...LOL!

You meet one everyday...LOL!

Thank you.

Reason...
You understand what customs means because of all the customs guns you wonderfully make. How much were you asking from me? It took you 6 hours to make the gun and you were only charging me $5/hr... I said that is too little, so I double your price to $10/hr.

Bad enough that they low-balled like that, but no need to be a dick about it and say someones work or item isn't worth it. If it isn't worth it to you then move along. Damn! some people really need to be disposed of.
Can you believe he actually said that?! "It's what he and those glasses are worth." That is what really pissed me off. Not all the other stuff, but that line alone.

Hehe Dave. The buyer sells custom items on ebay... :D
Does he really sell custom stuff? Oh God help if he does...LOL!

To get Dave mad you have to be real jerk...
Your right Adam. I have gotten tons of negative about Jon's customs, but I shrug it off and show them the video with a very respectful and nice message. That usually shuts them up, about 99%. But somehow, I don't think the video would have worked on this guy.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
You would think he know what the value of something is. He will find out. His crew is going to spend double that time making one...LOL!
Not only that Dave, he'll have to pay them "first world wages" lol! Some people...

·
Registered
668 Posts
I wouldn't have bothered to argue with this buyer, myself. I'd have told him if he felt the price was high he could go find another seller that met his needs and not responded further. He's not interested in why it costs so much and he's snobby after the explanation, not to mention eBay is so anti-seller these days they may very well not like you linking an external website in messages.

I don't even bother with best offer on eBay anymore, because for every one offer I got that was reasonable I got 5 or 6 that wanted 50% or more off. Well that is until eBay starts forcing sellers to accept them with no opt-out as they seem to be slowly pushing for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts