One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great time this weekend at WOH.I was only able to go on Sunday because of work,but still,Sunday was cool.Here are my highlights.

Hanging with friends from the board, MIGO11,Longhorn92,Sawgunner,HP,USMCChet,Nathan the puppeteer(PVTnoclass),Joesbros(apologies to those I may have forgot)

Meeting and talking to Azteca.The guy is really a pretty cool guy.

Steve from Toyriffic sold me some much needed 3 color shoulder armor to complete a bash.Those are only available with the IBA deluxe set and he sold it to me just like that.Big ups!!

Seeing the new Saturday toys products.

Merit had some prototype pieces of the eventual GRAW figure.There is a long story behind why it hasn't shown up yet,but it's not my story to tell.

I won an honorable mention in the contest.Thanks to Greylin for the use of a base.

And the main highlight was Armand's DIO.That piece was absolutely SICK.There was this telephone pole that just had me floored.Armand was amazed that I was amazed by that.The talent that cat has is amazing.

And the venue was great too.The Ontario convention center was good,but it was a bit large,Pomona was..well,I won't get into that.But this was perfect.Not to big,not too small.And thankfully John Lu was happy enough that this will not be the last WOH.

And that's the good news.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
no problem. Glad one of my bases could stand behind such an awesome figure.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
GREAT SHOW... Understatement..... Fantastic Show. Like CJ said perfect location. Set up was real cool No matter I many times I went arround I seemed to see something for the first time...OSW Raffle was a lot of fun... I didnt win but my good friend Harley 3 sixes did and it could not have happened to a nicer guy... He was all " Look what I won" fun to see a man be true to himself and express child like excitement and enthusiasm... But I didnt walk away empty handed... I got the Deal of the Century Scored Big time... My golden fleece figure... "S.W.A.T 2.0 MIB" if told you what I paid for it you'd be mad at me...lol,lol.... And the real story behind it is that it was made possible by a friend who could have purchased it for himself but instead held it tightly in his arms yes arms not hands arms until I arrived to payfor it...What can I say. Its the OSW way. He knew how badly I wanted it and he held it for me... Met Mr Azteca in person.. Solid Cat. A true friend to the Hobby. Hot items... Available and affordable.. One vender even had Highly sought after Dragon BBI type figs at half off.. and some as low as 25.00 bucks one of my Crew Got " Cody and one of those SWAT Cats for 25.00 apeice....Picked up Boots and loose goodies from Toyrific.. And of course I went to see Team EBT...the one stop shop for head scuplts stands and other Odds and ends. Allen was there at theirBooth. Isnt this cat the CEO of TS..? He walked up handed me one of those plastic bins and said let me know if you need some help [I think that what he said, bit of an accent] The CEO man.. Right on the floor in the thick of it...I may be a little bias'd here but what can I say... I'm Loyal to my soil... These cats got it all, and if they dont have it they can get it...Straight like that... lol,lol...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Was a great show and all indications are there will be another.Got to meet and hang with some great guys.Got a lot of stuff I was looking for.And on Sunday morning the Beautiful English lady from Osprey made my day when she told me I won $100 of free Osprey books!How cool is that!

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also thanks are in order to those who were able to stay and help EBT,Rich Haro,and Armand pack up their gear.

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Just posting to echo Aaron's sentiments.

Only regret? Not meeting more of the OSW members. Was able to meet only a handful of those that signed the OSW banner at the table. Probably walked by dozens of you not knowing who you were.

Special thanks to Sawgunner Butch who create the huge banners. Also props to Butch, Crowinghorse, Hollowpoint, and even Oliver38 for manning the table for the entire show.

Additional thanks to Jess/Figures.com for the HUGE amount of giveaways!

·
all up in your bizness
2,013 Posts
lol How did you remember nathan the puppeteer?

I really enjoyed this years show immensely. I think we had a lot of first timers this year to go along with the familiar faces. To those who didn't make it we missed you and to those who have yet to make it start planning now so we can meet up.

First timers that I met: el paso trooper, cdn rhino, crowinghorse, ronin six...and the other osw guys at hooters and the show, the guys from black ops toys, and welcome back angryboot. I know I'm forgetting someone!

The OSW diorama turned out fantastic, Armand did a terrific job as everyone has said and the people who took the time to make and send in figures deserve a high five for going the extra mile.

I am very happy to see this hobby pressing forward!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Woh

Yes, It was fun, but I do know you guys down in Cal. have most of the fun.
I though there would be more for us who come from a-far. It was still fun and meeting some of you was great!
Maybe the next Show. There was some awesome stuff there. My Bother got a Sherman Tank and a M113 PC. It was his first and he had a blast. That was good.
Thanks to all that made the show so great, and the OSW diorama was the best I just wish I did more in the modern area stuff.

Micanick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.