One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
War-Toys.com was on-hand at this year's A Weekend of Heroes last weekend to help fans and collectors find their favorite figures as well as debut a yet un-announced 1:6 scale Hummer by a yet unknown company.

Described as a new Hummer model being driven by US troops overseas, this 1:6 scale vehicle includes opening doors and back hatch, detailed steering column and seats, a turret with protective plating and more...

Be sure to check out more photos HERE and be sure to check out ALL of our 2008 A Weekend of Heroes coverage HERE.

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
The Hummer shown was made EXACTLY like the Hasbro Humvee. The frame , tires , hood, and even the mirrors were HASBRO's....dunno who this MYSTERIOUS new company is.

·
Keeping 360 security
546 Posts
I'm glad to see a modern 1/6 vehicle in the market.....nevertheless, this hummer reminds me of a hybrid between the Power team and 21st vehicles...also I do not believe that this is the latest Hummer model available since it seems to lack of armored plated doors and other newly incorporated features.

·
all up in your bizness
2,013 Posts
I saw this at the show and then I forgot to go back and take pictures of it! If the makers are reading this thread, it does look like the size of the power team humvee. My suggestion would be to just make more PT humvees or go for broke and get the size closer to 1/6. I know its probably not the suggestion they are looking for but all the little extra dodads like armor plates and snorkels are superfluous.

·
Don't Panic.
2,477 Posts
I was wondering about this as well. As Butch stated, the base vehicle looks to be a Hasbro humvee, or an exact copy thereof. As for the odd shape, I think the pictures may have been squished some, which would account for it looking like the Power Team one.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
So it looks more like this in real life:

if it does then, hell yeah bring it on.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yeah, I played with it - er, the HUMVEE - at the show. It looked pretty close to a proper 1/6th vehicle, much like the Hasbro one. My only major piece of feedback for improvement was for the manufacturer to rework the hinges so that the doors opened all the way instead of only abot 45 degrees - otherwise, it would be difficult to get a figure into the vehicle without sounding off like a sailor. Other than that it was a pretty sweet vehicle as is or a great starting point for a pimped out ride. I'm also very curious to find out who is going to make this thing.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Agreed, the doors definitely needed to be able to open wider and the turret hatch seemed a bit on the small side. Other than that, it was a sweet ride.
Right! Our resident Humvee expert body man, Sawgunner, also noted the turret hatch. I think the gap between the front of the turret and the leading edge of the cab needed to be aboout half of what it is now. That would make it just right.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Butch being the Hummvee man I'll trust his judgement and hope for more, possibly better pics in future.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yup. Looking at the photo. I'm 100% sure it is the Hasbro Humvee copy. I got the original next to me. Looks like they just copy the Hasbro and made the hardtop and doors for it. I guess this MYSTERIOUS new company must be from China. They really good at copying thing. :grinroll And what with the tailgate? It don't open like that. Is the hardtop/hatch back came from 21st R/C Humvee? :X I got one too. But I junked the hatch back when I'm bashing my Up-Armor. So I can't confirmed the hatch back is 21st or not. But I'll say.....85% yes. Am I the only one seeing it or you guys too? :(
I think NEW company coming out (me included-trying too anyway) :bag shouldn't just blindly copy other company products. NEED to do some homework of their own too to at less correct all the mistakes from the original they are copying from. I would take more pride as a seller if my product is not just a copy, but a better, more accurate improvement over the original. And as a buyer. I would feel better knowing I'm not just buying a copy with all the mistakes from the original and then some. I don't know.......maybe it is just me.......:bag

Off the track. I just finished reading "American Heroes" by Oliver North on my flight back from Japan and kong kong couple days ago. I highly recommitted it. Good reading. :thumb I didn't got to go AWOH, again. :( But reading the "Heroes" and going to Japan and Hong Kong makes up a lot. :)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
First off, thanks Crowinghorse for your extensive coverage of the show. Since I'm one of many who can't go its great to at least experience it through the pictures. Also thanks to WarToys for more Hmmwvs!

I agree with Good Duck and the others, if the pictures are squished and it is better proportioned in person, then it is most likely a copy of the Hasbro Hummer but with a roof and slantback--which I wish HB added originally. Actually this reminds me of the rumoured but never produced HB second HMMWV, it was supposed to be sand coloured and have a slantback and roof, but I don't recall if it was supposed to have the brush guard on the front.

The interior, body detailing-bolts and studs and whatnot, mirrors, hood, lights and lines are all pretty much identical to the HB one as Sawgunner notes, even the tire rim's bolt lugs. It looks like a kitbashed HMMWVHasbro one of sorts.
I hope they get the turret ring size more correct though, and the armour on it looks funny to me. Butch's masterpieces would be stellar upgrades from these. And that they also fix the hatch like GD notes.

Anyway I'd still want one or two, probably almost one, depending on price-shipping from china and then from WarToys should be murderous.
I'd also take down the snorkel and external piping in an attempt to uparmour it to an M1114 and extending the grill/lights out for the radiator.
As it is, it seems nice for a 03-05 era vehicle though.

If they were going to start with a Hasbro as their base and build a completely new one for the market, I'd have hoped they'd enlarge it somehow to 1/5.5, so that fully geared figures would better fit inside the vehicle with all their battle rattle. [HB one is slightly smaller than 1/6 if I recall someone noting, so enlarging it to 1/5.5 makes it about where it should be, without looking too overscaled[?]]

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
The photos are DEFINATELY scrunched. The Humvee shown was no doubt the Hasbro Chassis. As Rob Stated, the doors did NOT fully open. The Turret is way UNDERSIZED. The Brushguard is sub-standard and does NOT allow the Hood to open. The doors are wafer thin and the interior hinges are the HASBRO : CAN'T REMOVE THE DOOR type. I wish I had a month in my garage with this puppy.........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts