One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
WEEKEND OF HEROES 2008 COVERAGE: Super Impressive Modern Desert Diorama Hit With Fans

Thanks to the many contributors from OneSixthWarriors.com and laughinggravy2, this year's A Weekend of Heroes attendees were privy to an impressive display of craftsmanship and detail thanks to the Modern Desert Diorama.

The 1:6 scale diorama, which measured over 12 feet long and 5 feet high, showed an Iraqi city street, multiple building fronts, a shelled-out car, and a bullet-riddled Saddam mural and more featured some of the coolest looking detail of any diorama this fan's ever seen...

Special thanks to laughinggravy2 and all of those who contributed to this impressive feat...

For more photos of the diorama, click HERE and be sure to check out ALL of the photos from the 2008 A Weekend of Heroes HERE.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Cool, this feat really deserved a thread of its own.
Thanks for the multitude of pictures of it Jess. Great job capturing all of the angles and details.
It really is a great way of showing off the community of this board and how cool 1/6 can be.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,338 Posts
Hey, Saddam is all shot up in this one. Sweet! LG must have got trigger happy Sun morning.

Thanks Armand for going all out like this.

Fun stuff, and great to meet all who added their figures.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Just curious, does anyone know if the figures for the diorama have been sent back to their owners yet?
Jon

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
Jon, I asked LG and he said the EBT crew has them packed away safe, and are just waiting until they get enough time to mail them out. Thankfully they're not lost.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Cograts to all who participated and especially to LG for his skill and patience in building the dio.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow, time sure flies. Here I am a month latter asking the question again. Does anyone have any idea when the figures will be returned? The show has been over for several weeks now. I hate to be a problem, but I did send these out in good faith, with postage paid both ways. If they are busy now, just wait untill the holiday season gets a little closer. Now I understand it may have become a real pain to handle the figures, but EBT agreed to do it. I did my part, it's time to make the time to make good on their end.
Jon

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
I missed this, so after show problems aside, I am glad it was dug up.

Nice looking dio!!

All that was needed was tons of 1/6 waterbottles, trash, garbage, cesspools and dirt added to give it more realism.:lol

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Wow, time sure flies. Here I am a month latter asking the question again. Does anyone have any idea when the figures will be returned? The show has been over for several weeks now. I hate to be a problem, but I did send these out in good faith, with postage paid both ways. If they are busy now, just wait untill the holiday season gets a little closer. Now I understand it may have become a real pain to handle the figures, but EBT agreed to do it. I did my part, it's time to make the time to make good on their end.
Jon
Will those who mailed in their figures and did not get them sent back please PM me. Also let me know if you provided the postage in your original package to have them sent back.

Sorry about the delay. I couldn't attend WOH this year, otherwise I would have been in Cali to take care of everything and be sure everyone got their figures back ASAP.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.