One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some help from some of the modern weapon experts on the board. I've got the 21c Toys Covert Operations Weapon Set but I can't identify the short barrel M16 variants it contains. I've spent several hours googling with little results. Can anyone help me out?

Here's a link to some photos of the set:
http://www.pistolpetechecklist.com/covertoperations.html

I know that the first weapon from the top is the Grendel S-16 integrally suppssed sniper rifle. After that, I'm really not sure. I don't even know the proper terminology to describe the different grips, scopes, and rail systems. I believe that a short barrel version of the M16/M4 was called the "Patriot"? Not much intel online, though.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for the read!
Pistol Pete

·
I'm kind of a big deal
358 Posts
The others are not production weapons, just merely fictional modified m16/ar15's. With exception of the one with no stock, it is an oa93 made by Olympic Arms. It can be seen in the movie Clear and Present Danger, carried by Willem Dafoe.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
The 9mm one is a Colt M635 with a modified Handguard.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
358 Posts
The third down is just a short m16 with the foregrip from an HK MP5K. Never seen any real productions of this weapon.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just thought you guys might like to see a reply to this post by a former member of the 21c design team (Hope that's OK, Whereswaldo31?)

"Though the 21C HQ was and still is located in Alameda, CA (near San Francisco), the old design team was always located in Los Angeles. We developed a relationship with two of the biggest suppliers of weapons to the movie and TV industry--Gibbons and ISS. Despite what most people think, 90% of the "firing" weapons used in movies and TV are real guns fitted with internal barrel blank adapters. Thus Gibbons and ISS are huge vaulted warehouses with massive armories of real weapons--from old to modern. They also have tons of modifed and experimental weapons and work in conjunction with actual gun manufacturers and armorers. One company Gibbons worked with was called LaFrance which made numerous experimental specops versions of the CAR-15. Back then that was kind of cutting edge. Two that LaFrance made were the one's you asked about--a heavy barrelled CAR-15 Machine Gun and a 6-Inch barreled Exectutive Protection CAR-15 (the scope intended more for spotting and surveillance than firing). Both versions were tested by a platoon with SEAL Team 5. They were custom weapons and never were green-lit for wide use. After 9/11 and the new M-4.... much of LaFrance's innovations have now become commonplace: short barrels, foregrips, rails, etc. Hope that helps. Peace."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts