One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We were a Motley bunch" , quoted from a friend and fellow Cavalryman, who did two tours in Vietnam. His first tour was with 9th Cav, as a Aero Scout. His second tour was on the ground, with G Troop, 2nd Squadron, 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment, aka The Black Horse.

I based this figure from conversations with him.

Still need to do some more weathering on the rucksack, now that I see it in pics.

Hope you like and thanks for looking.

Scouts Out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ooo ooo ooooo

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Great looking guy. I knew somebody would make bitchen use of that HS.

Is this fig going to your buddy?

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Great figure BR!! Your weathering techniques are awesome and i really like the job you did on the boots, cool outdoor pics too :thumb
-mike-

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Looks great. I love the weathering on the flak jacket.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Well Done BR, and a bit of a departure in format for you. Is the loadout a mini-me of the fellow Cavalryman?
Bunch of cav guys living in an environment of jungle and armored vehicles, heat, powder residue, lubricants and diesel fuel. They'd have to be pretty grimey alright. Racked up an impressive history for a "motley bunch".

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks folks :cheers

Armand, yeah, I made it with the intentions of giving it to him.

PD, yes, in a sorts it is "him". They would get by with the minimal amount necessary when dismounted. Most of the time they would leave the brain bucket and flak jacket on the tracks and dismount with just a boonie and weapons.

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
Wow!! Mike he looks awesome man! Damn good weathering on him and good story about your friend. Are the boots made by ACE? Also where is the rucksack from? Great job again Mike!

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Well done!! I'm sure your friend will be proud to receive him.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again guys.

Actually just heard from my buddy and another Nam vet on the Cavalry Scouts board that I belong to. They both said he looks spot on and combined with the outdoor pics, gave them the heebie jeebies about a place known as the Michelien Rubber Plantation, '68.

Brett, yeah, those are the ACE boots and the ruck came from the Miller LRRPS iirc.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, this was dusted off and brought forward:D

Thanks guys. I cannot recall who made the 60. The figure is a DML body, with a DiD "real hair" HS modified to fit.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Really nice work on the Vietnam figure. Nice of you to put that giant bootshine kit near him so he can pretty up his boots in case of inspection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts