One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Revival Machine
1,107 Posts
UNBELIVABLE DC IS REALLY REALLY RAISING THE BAR!!!! LOOK OUT MARVEL! i remember watch men from reading them at the comic store after school in the early 80's

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
It looks amazing, especially Dr Manhattan on Mars.
But that song is WHACK.

·
The Blood Sword
165 Posts
Saw this on the IMAX before Dark Knight on Thursday and Friday and all I can say is this movie looks like everything I have been hoping for. Next year can't come quick enough.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Saw this on the IMAX before Dark Knight on Thursday and Friday and all I can say is this movie looks like everything I have been hoping for. Next year can't come quick enough.
Same here, just saw it at Imax, sent chills down my spine. I had to break out my old copy to refresh myself. I guess we'll be seeing some sweet bashes soon. Who do you think will produce these in 1/6?

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
It would be better if they produced figs based on the comics, which according to DC, ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Good and dark, Corrigan for that trailer really works.

[update] - Just returned from seeing Dark Knight on the IMAX screen, and the Watchmen trailer was the only preview shown. I have a feeling the visual style will be similar to Sin City and 300. Like Dark Knight, I expect the older Watchmen storyline will be allegorical as well as entertaining.

_______________________________​

BTW, I wasn't in any hurry to see Dark Knight when it came out, but my son's back in town, so we had a day out. My take: Dark Knight leaves ...Begins in the dust. The Nolan brothers respect their actors - all of them. What the supporting cast doesn't get in dialogue, they get in some solid staging. Truly an experience, a tale of honorable men in dark, hopeless circumstances. Ledger is fantastic, but my hat's off to the whole cast. They manage to make an impression despite the overpowering presence of Ledger's Joker. See it in IMAX if you have the opportunity, it does justice to the film.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Watched it on cinema today .I liked the character played by Jackie Earle Haley-Walter Kovacs / Rorschach,kind of reminds me of Clint eastwood(dirty harry).silk spectre is so sexy.Nite owl reminds me of batman.

I know the movie is set in 1985,not sure about the songs in the movie .

Jeffrey Dean Morgan(the comedian) looks like Robert Downey Jr Twin brother.

·
Banned
3,778 Posts
Watched it on cinema today .I liked the character played by Jackie Earle Haley-Walter Kovacs / Rorschach,kind of reminds me of Clint eastwood(dirty harry).silk spectre is so sexy.Nite owl reminds me of batman.

I know the movie is set in 1985,not sure about the songs in the movie .

Jeffrey Dean Morgan(the comedian) looks like Robert Downey Jr Twin brother.
Rorshach does rock.

From the comic books, Nite Owl is supposed to be like Batman, I think.

And yeah, Silk Spectre is sexy; just from the previews, her martial arts skills impress me if that is her doing all those moves; because you never know, they might graph her face on the stunt double with CG.

I can't wait to see it this Saturday.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I re-read the graphic novel this past weekend. Probably my 10th time. Can't wait to see it.

I saw an early review of it and the reviewer was raving about it.

But I'll still have to see for myself - since everyone raved about "300" (same director) and I thought that movie was all visual no substance.

·
Banned
3,778 Posts
I re-read the graphic novel this past weekend. Probably my 10th time. Can't wait to see it.

I saw an early review of it and the reviewer was raving about it.

But I'll still have to see for myself - since everyone raved about "300" (same director) and I thought that movie was all visual no substance.
Wasn't it? I can't say the same for this movie since the story is rich and Snyder seems to be good at transcribing graphic novels into film.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Exactly. I think he definitely is a good visual "transcriber". So this time around - since there's so much more in terms of story and characters to work with - it should be a better balance between story and visuals.

With "300" I think the graphic novel didn't have enough to sustain a full movie. And Snyder doesn't know how to fill in the gap story-wise. So there was too many scenes of the Spartans "cheerleading" themselves ("We are Spartans!", we rock!, etc. LOL).

But 300 was still miles better than "Spirit". UCK!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Saw Watchmen last night .Personally I thought it was WAAAAYY too long and drawn out,not to mention I could have done without the male frontal nudity shots of Dr. Manhattan.The movie was almost 3 hours long and to me they could have cut out about half of the movie and it would have been much better.I can't remember the last time I wanted to go to sleep while watching a movie in the theatre like I did this one.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
I didn't look. I averted my eyes as much as possible when I first noticed. Of course the female audience around me were enjoying it emensily. Of course there were the usual comments being passed around.

·
aka haloed
1,553 Posts
I thought i was looking at downey jr when the comedian was on screen as well.
I really liked it. I'm gonna be looked at sideways but it was better than the book. There I said it.
I remember when the book came out originally. Years later when I worked at a comic store I convinced my dad to sell them for the graphic novel. Funny thing about funny books... they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I thought it ended better and they wrote around stuff the book said in twice as many words. The complaint about the giant squid is odd because I saw no need for it in the first place. Go ahead and throw your stones but I'll stand by what I said. Otherwise it was a really faithful adaptation. If you want to pick nits about this and that go watch something else. The movie isn't going to satisfy you no matter what. If you enjoy a good movie see it and have fun.
Just so you know I fell asleep during the first Matrix movie. (It was the scene with the spoon and I was really tired so what.)
I like the book and the movie both but for folks that don't want to see the movie cause you're afraid it'll ruin some precious memory... don't see it. That's why you have a choice. Go see hannah montana and complain cause there is no conceivable person that would buy into a teen pop star leading a double life.
The characters are all based on existing DC characters because Alan Moore wanted to tell this story using Batman, Superman and Wonder woman. DC wouldn't let him so he creates mirror versions and the story is a hit. Well DC later wrote the same story with their own characters and ripped Moore off completely. Still I respect Moore more than I do DC so I guess it's a moot point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.