One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even in the wastelands, sometimes you get snowed in. As long as you've got some good music, something strong to drink, and good company to drink it with, you're in pretty good shape.

A couple weeks ago, we got hit with snow pretty hard, and my office was closed for the day. Took unexpected day off as an opportunity to try to really learn my camera a bit more, get comfortable with more manual settings, and shoot off a few pics with the snow. Pretty happy with how these came out, and thought I'd share.

Been seeing a bunch of stuff popping up on instagram from people using Werble, so thought I'd check it out. Thought this came out pretty awesome.

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
Manual is the best way to go in shots like this. Also like the effect in the last photo. The snowpocalypse

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
Werble has some pretty snazzy effects, it has to be said! I've got plans for some of my lot...

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Great shots, good to know there are snow days after the apocalypse. Those Werble'd images are snazzy too.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Nice work, sir. Looks like you're becoming master of that camera.

I've got to investigate this "Werble" thing...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa, that last effect is awesome! All of the photos are so stylish, too. Great work!
Thanks ZombieKev! Yeah, i was feeling pretty good about how these all came out.

Manual is the best way to go in shots like this. Also like the effect in the last photo. The snowpocalypse
Right!? Yeah, I knew I had to get more serious. Started using the Canon phone app as a remote trigger, and the interface makes everything so easy.

Werble has some pretty snazzy effects, it has to be said! I've got plans for some of my lot...

Fun, right?! Loving those flame effects! Definitely going to keep playing with Werble.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great shots, good to know there are snow days after the apocalypse. Those Werble'd images are snazzy too.
Thanks Pukingdog! Yeah, no matter how crazy the apocalypse gets, a serous snowstorm just shuts the world down. Only so much marauding you can get done when it's coming down like that.

I really like how you've posed the figures, and the natural light is very effective.
Thank you! Getting pose to look natural is to me the most fun part. Definitely the part that most feels like I get to just play with my toys. I need to master lighting stuff myself, but it's always hard to beat the look of natural lighting.

Nice work, sir. Looks like you're becoming master of that camera.

I've got to investigate this "Werble" thing...
Thanks Dadrab! I feel like i have a ton to learn, but starting to feel like I'm getting there. And yeah. Werble really neat little phone app, and the animations look pretty legit. Tons of potential for figure photos, and well worth checking out.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,390 Posts
you nailed it ! So well done !
Taking pictures facing that much light is so difficult (but then again, i only own a simple point and shoot camera) and you pulled it off in spades Rev !
Have to give Werble a go once it's available on Andriod.
Rock on Rev !

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very very cool look ReverendSpooky! You got me interested in Werble too, I've got to look in to this.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Top notch work! Love the storm! I need to look into Werble.
A cold day snuggled up with someone in a short dress and ankle socks? That's for me!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful, moody photography! Way to take advantage of an unexpected opportunity (and find a silver lining in an inconvenience). And the Werble effects are pretty interesting too.
Thanks GubernatorFan! And yeah, if I'm stuck shoveling, I need something good to balance it out. nothing worse than spending an hour or 2 shoveling and THEN having to go in to work.

you nailed it ! So well done !
Taking pictures facing that much light is so difficult (but then again, i only own a simple point and shoot camera) and you pulled it off in spades Rev !
Have to give Werble a go once it's available on Andriod.
Rock on Rev !
Thanks so much Apotheosis! Yeah, back lighting is a monster to overcome, and until I got this camera, I probably wouldn't have tried. Really trying to improve my pics, and the idea for this image has been in my head for a bit. Honestly, the Cannon app based remote trigger makes it a breeze to play around with settings. I'm slowly getting there.

Very very cool look ReverendSpooky! You got me interested in Werble too, I've got to look in to this.
Thanks Pangaloss! Well worth checking out. Looking forward to seeing some more animate figure photos around here soon.

Top notch work! Love the storm! I need to look into Werble.
A cold day snuggled up with someone in a short dress and ankle socks? That's for me!
Right!?! What more could anyone ask for on a day like that! Starting to think Saint Crow has the apocalypse pretty well figured out.

Wow! The photography is superb! You've conveyed the mood so charmingly. Thank you for this inspiration.
Thanks so much Fox915! Glad I managed to nail that feel I was going for.

Fantastic idea and photography. The posing of your figures looks really cool.
Thanks much Warrior49!Getting those poses right is the most fun part.

How did miss this? Very cool. Another set of really cool photos.
Thank so much Stryker2011!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts