One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I recently bought clothes for my phicen (S17b).
Do you always wash clothes before wearing them on your figurine?
If so, what are you washing with?

Sorry for my language, im french.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I always wash new clothing to remove the excess dye. Once you've done so you'll see what I'm talking about.

I wash them by hand in a small container with warm water and Woolite detergent. Not sure if Woolite if available in Europe but no doubt there is a similar product available to you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I’ve used a couple different techniques. I soak them in water with distilled vinegar, soak them in soapy water after that, and then rinse them thoroughly. Lay them out on paper towels to dry, of color leaches off onto the paper towel — repeat the rinse.

Or I’ve soaked them in Rit-Dye and water, soapy water, and then rinse. Repeat the paper towel drying.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,958 Posts
Replies by Michigan Dawg and Stryker2011 are both very valid and proven.

I personally don't wash 1:6 clothing out of the package because once it's outfitted, then it's done and I don't have any plan to undress them and re-outfit them.

Clothing (fabric) I know in advance that will bleed/stain due to the dye, I do take certain precautions on.

I usually end up washing primarily civilian/military outfits I procure second hand from others due to cleanliness and odor and treat them with cold/warm water and Woolite depending on the fabric, air dry, and then iron accordingly. I do that with older 21STCT, BBI, and Hasbro clothing/outfits.

When it comes to 1:6 female clothing, I just let the 1:6 ladies stand on display naked while I launder their outfits. They usually cry and look forlorn without any clothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts