One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See subject.

I don't own any of the recently released Oktober Girl outfit and head sculpts, but I heard/read from a few friends regarding quality issues. First off, the friends and I have purchased much prior FGC offerings and have been satisfied with their design and quality. As much as I wanted to procure the Oktober Girl sets, I passed and apparently I lucked out.

From my understanding, the quality issue appears to range from facial paint applications and the quality of hair rooting. One friend's head sculpt looked very well. Another friend's looked like a quality reject. Thus far, the issue appears to be sporadic.

I haven't seen any online reviews or pictures from other collectors as of yet (asides from the friends). One friend in the UK who ordered and received a number of head sculpts is quite upset considering the money spent and shipping. He's done with FGC offerings apparently. The suggestion of possibly reaching out to the seller for an exchange or refund is not an option because of delayed/ignored communications from the US seller as well as the expense of shipping them back to the US at his expense according to the friend. No indication of any issues (thus far) wit the outfit sets, but only the head sculpts.

If anyone else received the sets and they're good/fine or otherwise, please post/share them.

I purchased much FGC offerings since the beginning. The last FGC offerings I purchased were the cosplay sets and they were superb. It's odd if FGC's quality standards are possibly declining or becoming a bit more inconsistent?

·
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprised to read of this. They've made quality sculpts in the past so they know what it takes to get the job done. I decided to pass on these sculpts as the expressions don't appeal to me.
--

Me too.

I own much of their boxed figures, loose bodies, and head sculpts.

The Oktober Girl sets are offerings I wanted without a doubt given my niche. I thought out about procuring some after release since they didn't sell out as far as I know.

I hope what I heard/seen is a fluke and is not indicative of how upcoming offerings may fare like the female "Mechanic" sets. That one had a bumpy unveiling, but still the visuals from the sets look very good and I hope the final quality will be up to FGC's usual standards.

·
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. Interesting. I have two sets of clothes, and 3 of the HS, and I didn't have a problem with any of them.
--

Then consider yourself very fortunate.

I asked my friend for permission to post/share the pictures and awaiting his decision/reply.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Several of the female brands seem to use the same OEM, and their paint apps have been poor of late. Although maybe putting lipstick on the chin is a new trend I'm unaware of since I haven't been on instagram in some time.

·
12,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several of the female brands seem to use the same OEM, and their paint apps have been poor of late. Although maybe putting lipstick on the chin is a new trend I'm unaware of since I haven't been on instagram in some time.
--

It's really a shame. From my perspective and understanding, FGC was doing (or did) well. I honestly don't know how or why the quality ball dropped/fumbled in this instance (thus far). They had a good understanding in what needed to be done to maintain consistency unless there was a breakdown in communication and standards for whatever reasons within their production and quality control processes.

Given the higher price point of their recently announced offerings, I sincerely hope the new offerings will not experience such quality issues. However, we will not know until they're released and in the hands of collectors like us. I'm really surprised how there is barely any member within the OSW posting/sharing pictures of the sets (i.e. outfits/head sculpts) if they acquired any.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
--

I honestly don't know how or why the quality ball dropped/fumbled in this instance (thus far). They had a good understanding in what needed to be done to maintain consistency unless there was a breakdown in communication and standards for whatever reasons within their production and quality control processes.
Some of the things I've seen of late should be easily caught if there is any QC process in place. Brush hairs embedded in the side of a face, lipstick applied everywhere other than the lips, random paint drops on faces, etc. It isn't a problem unique to female head sculpts, but they tend to have that plain matte finish where any issues stick out like a sore thumb. I suppose the average male head sculpt has a beard to cover at least 30% of potential defects, whereas bearded female head sculpts are in rather low demand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts