One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Warning: Don't go to TRU with your Toys for Tots donation

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DeltaForceChung 
#1 ·
A friend of mine that's been at TRU for many years came to me with some news he thought people should know. He told me that last year his local store, after Christmas, actually put the left over Toys for Tots donations on the sales floor.

Newer toys, OLDER toys, all went on the shelves. Management was notified in case it was a mistake by a stocker. The toys remained. In fact, when one employee showed an item to a manager, the manager told him "if you want it, take it out of the box and walk out with it."

One or two employees went to corporate. Nothing happened. And he showed me picture proof of everything.

This has NOTHING to do with Toys for Tots. They are a good organization doing good things. The fault is completely with TRU. I asked my friend if they've done that before, he said no, they are supposed to hold anything left over for Toys for Tots and give it to them.
And he knew that because about a week before this happened an employee had inquired about procuring a couple of the toys, since some were older and a few not suitable for kids. This was after they were no longer collecting for Toys for Tots. He was told by a manager the toys don't really belong to them and they are just holding them for Toys for Tots, so they couldn't do anything with them.
He also said that when the toys went to the sales floor, other employees KNEW it was wrong.

So if you have toys you want to give, I recommend you go to another Toys for Tots location.

See less See more
#2 ·
One thing to keep in mind, theft at one location does not mean it happens at all locations. Unfortunately, Toys For Tots has been hit regularly, both at donation and storage/distribution facilities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.