One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started planning out a Warhammer 40k Imperial Guardsman of a particular regiment who's name I will not give out until I'm done, but as soon as I got the idea it went on the backburner. However, now I cracked out the idea again and getting a sense of what parts I need for him. But for now, I'm working on this guy's weapon, and here's what I have so far.

Lucius Pattern "Long-Las" lasgun(WIP)
The Lasgun is the ubiquitous weapon of the Imperial Guard. Despite lacking in power compared to the Holy Bolter of the Adeptus Astartes, the lasgun is extremely rugged and durable, with low maintenance. Across the thousands of different Imperial Guard Regiments there are just as many patterns of Lasguns. However, although the designs and aesthetics may be different, the internal workings of all patterns of lasguns are identical, and an Imperial Guardsman can adequately utilize a different pattern of lasgun other than their own, due to identical functions across the myriad pattern of weapons.

Snipers across the regiments utilize longer, more accurate versions of the lasguns, commonly known amongst the troops as "Long-Las."

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Blood Pact eh? That's gonna be pretty damn sweet, I can't wait to see that one as well.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Awesome! It looks pretty accurate, can't wait to see it painted. Are you going the eagle emblem?

You should cast these, I would definitely buy a couple!

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I managed to get an Aquila on the weapon, but it's small and hard to see at this point. The regiment I'm modelling doesn't really do any embellishment of their weapons of any kind, so I'm going to avoid a lot of decoration on it.

As for casting, I'm completely in the dark on how I'd do something like that. ^_^;;

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update, I'm almost done actually building this puppy. Hopefully the weather will be fine enough where I can prime it for painting.

·
Cyber-Bully
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys got me there. The fig is indeed going to be a Krieger. Rawrington, I can't wait to see yours!

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I made a Krieg soldier (kinda) : Krieg Soldier

Let's see some painted pics of that Lasgun! Too bad you can't cast it, but I might have to try my hand at making one now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts