One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Per ardua ad astra
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching Vice News' coverage of the conflict in Eastern Ukraine just a few weeks ago and with KGB Hobby's sets being currently available, I decided to try making a figure based off of a participant in the conflict. I originally intended to kitbash a Ukrainian militia member since I have the appropriate weapons and vest to make one but not the uniforms I'd like to use (primarily a British desert DPM camo uniform, secondly a Multicam uniform. Let me know if you have the DPM though! lol), which are quite hard to find nowadays.

KGB Hobby made really good uniforms, and they fit perfectly. The magazines are a little loose and won't attach to the mag well snugly, but it's nothing a little glue can't fix.

For the figure, I used the following items:
Head sculpt - ACI Optio
Body - Soldier Story S2.5
Gloved hands - DAM Toys
Shirt - DAM Toys
Boots - ZCWO PTU
Pistol - ZCWO (???)
Ribbon of St George - drawn from paper scraps
The rest - KGB Hobby

My reference for the figure came from Vice News' Dispatch 42, and here are the screenshots of the main references:

And from RT.com

The figure

Thanksferlookin!

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
I like it! It is obvious you put real effort in going with your references.

The only thing that I would suggest would be using a more muscular body. These SS bodies look really skinny when they are not wearing full uniforms. A TTM-19 Clone or something would look better I think in this outfit, especially since the arms show.

PS: Ι know what you mean about the AK74. Got the same rifle as a loose part and had the same problem with the magazine. I was disappointed by the quality of the rifle in general and I think its a bit smaller in scale than it should be.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A good job of replicating these guys. EBT has the Brit desert DPM - DML Modern Uniforms - look for DRL4-U500.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Heey! Its the guy from the first picture! Given all the discussions about celebrities lately, I wonder what he would have to say about ´the figure? :D
That is some really fine work there with a lot of effort to it. Well done.

·
Per ardua ad astra
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@tigerstr
Thank you! I might change the body as the head looks a little big in comparison to the body on-hand. I like the S2-S2.5 bodies however.

@pukingdog
Sweet find Mike! I definitely missed that when I was scrounging EBT's website. Thanks!

@Warge, privateERIC
Thank you guys!

@Conan
Thank you Karl! It's from ZCWO's PTU figure.

@CXROD
Thank you Carlos!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey, this guy is a dead ringer for "Givi", one of the separatists commanders. The only thing that is missing is some bling (bracelets, gold chains) that he likes to wear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts