One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is another figure to share with everyone. The addiction continues. I started off with Toys City Waffen SS officer uniform. I purchased it from WarToys.com and they included a free nude with the uniform. What a deal! Anyway I replaced the rubber supplied collar rank and insignia with embroiderd ones from Glory Venture Insignia's. I used the supplied brown officers belt, purchased a brown leather Luger holster, binoculars and leather case. These items came from Toy Soldier Brigade. I then replaced the plastic MP40 with a metal version that I got off Ebay. The head sculpt was replaced with a new one from Dragon. The last item, I installed black leather gloved hands. My past two posts were outdoor shots using a natural setting(MG42 Gunner 1944, and 101st Airborne Rifleman 1945). I decided to try something differenet this time. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Great figure and the set looks like a nice set and a great deal from WT! Ive been wanting to get the FJ set. Cool :thumb
-mike-

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was going to buy the toys city wehrmacht officer uniform. very nice.
If you get the uniform, I highly suggest getting the collar tabs from Glory Venture Insignia. http://www.toysoldierbrigade.com/Glory Venture/Glory Venture Page.htm

They are actual cloth with embroidered thread. All ranks are available and they look so much more realistic. They come joined together as a set and you will need to cut them out. Before I cut, I put a small film of Fabri-Tac on the back side. This will help keep the threads from fraying when you cut them out.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well i got one coming. heer collar litzen never have the detail they deserve when woven. I'll probably paint them and weather theme for effect. I'll post a pic when I'm done with the figure.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got one coming. heer collar litzen never have the detail they deserve when woven. I'll probably paint them and weather theme for effect. I'll post a pic when I'm done with the figure.
Very good, I look forward seeing your post.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well it got here today but it's missing the cap insignia!!! and i don't like the rubber collar litzen, so now i gotta order some CVI stuff.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well it got here today but it's missing the cap insignia!!! and i don't like the rubber collar litzen, so now i gotta order some CVI stuff.
I did not care for the rubber litzen either. That is why ordered the new embroidered cloth ones. If you e-mail them and indicate the cap insignia is missing they should send a replacement. I was missing a gold shoulder rank pip and they just mailed another one to me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
litzen is no biggy, had some spare DiD ones.. I'll have to repaint but whatever. I just ordered a CVI heer cap badges set. I haven't had any response from Toys City about the missing insignia, and it's not Monkey Depots fault. can always use spare insignia anyhow. I also didn't like the knights cross so i ordered a new one of those as well. I also just got a "Bruno Adler". so i got that to work on in the mean time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
litzen is no biggy, had some spare DiD ones.. I'll have to repaint but whatever. I just ordered a CVI heer cap badges set. I haven't had any response from Toys City about the missing insignia, and it's not Monkey Depots fault. can always use spare insignia anyhow. I also didn't like the knights cross so i ordered a new one of those as well. I also just got a "Bruno Adler". so i got that to work on in the mean time.
Thats to ironic, I ordered another knights cross too. Its a shame 95% of the uniform is first rate. I don't know why they cheapened up a few items. I can't wait to see your POST when you get it completed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
well, Monkey Depot is sending me the CVI insignia for free. top rate outfit they have there. I'll probably have it by Monday, just finished painting up my cloth collar litzen. I also ordered some other medals, a german cross in gold and a iron cross first class. as well as the knights cross. here's what i got so far.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, Monkey Depot is sending me the CVI insignia for free. top rate outfit they have there. I'll probably have it by Monday, just finished painting up my cloth collar litzen. I also ordered some other medals, a german cross in gold and a iron cross first class. as well as the knights cross. here's what i got so far.
WOW OUTSTANDING!!! I am impressed with the collar litzen! Holy Cow! Did you get the free nude when you ordered? What a great looking figure! I have a couple of more waiting in the wings right now. I have ordered 2 Ti-lite rifles, one sniper and the other K98. I am just waiting for them to arrive.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SWEET! Very sharp looking Hauptman. I guess you received the missing cap insignia. I appreciate you sharing these photo's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts