One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,

I've been working on this figure for a while now, and I feel like I've finally gotten the uniform and field gear sorted out. This figure represents a member of the Waffen SS 8th Cavalry Division "Florian Geyer", named after the famous 16th century knight who lead peasants in the German Peasant War. He is of the rank SS Sturmführer and comes equipped with an MP-40 submachine gun and a Mauser pistol. As for field gear, he carries ammo pouches,map case, bread bag and canteen w/ cup. He wears a standard cavalry uniform, crusher cap, smock, and riding boots w/ spurs.

IMG_4232.jpg IMG_4233.jpg IMG_4230.jpg IMG_4227.jpg View attachment 399228 IMG_4226.jpg IMG_4225.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
I really like him! I like that leather satchel on his left side. Is that his map case or bread bag? What head sculpt is that? I'm just now trying my luck at the military side of 1/6. My first projects are some SF Vietnam soldiers and some WWII Airborne soldiers. I've been currently trying to find the proper gear, clothing, weapons and kit. I'm sure I'm messing up along the way. I'm trying to make them as historically accurate as possible. Do you have some WWII airborne troops too seeing as your avatar is the 82nd?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe, I appreciate the kind words. The leather satchel on the back of the figure is the map case, the green bag is the bread bag. I do in fact have an 82nd airborne figure in the works, but I would like to kitbash it into something a little more “custom” per say . Since you mentioned getting started in the military side of things, I would recommend WarToys.com. They have a good selection of loose bits from all different eras/brands.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I understand what you mean. My Vietnam SF and WWII Airborne figures are gonna be some Wolverines and Sabretooths. Then after that I think I'll steer away from the mutant soldiers...
I am wanting to keep them as historically accurate as possible though.
Where do you get your patches? I have recently been finding some that have been parted from loose figures but I've also ordered a bunch of stuff from Patches of Pride. Patches of Pride will also custom make patches if you don't find something in their inventory. They also make name tags.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go check out Patches of Pride, they make a ton of hard to find patches. That's where i got the cavalry patches for this figure.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go check out Patches of Pride, they make a ton of hard to find patches. That's where i got the cavalry patches for this figure.
I got a bunch of patches from them. When I look at them though they all look just a little too big.
I'm currently waiting for One Sixth Scale King to get back in touch with me about some rank insignia. I have a .... ton of patches in my cart and as soon as they give me a yea or a nay on a question I may order them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts