One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

Just thought I'd let you all see my newest project: a 1:6th scale Aliens APC.
I'm just making a rough carboard mock-up at the moment because of cost issues and the fact I dont have any proper tools! hehe!
As you can se from the pics its rather large.....
I'll update this thread as soon as I do more to the APC.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here's the link to Chris "USCM FNG"'s site and his 1/6 APC build: http://www.members.aol.com/ccspevam/apcpg1.html (It's a few pages for the whole build)

And you do have a project on your hands!
"64" long with the turret down and stowed. It's 22" at the widest point and stands about 20" tall with the turret in the upright position."

Not only did he build it AND make it R/C but it was big enough to actually put an interior in as well!

So don't let the size discourage you. Remember-one man did, so another man can do it again!

Keep us posted.

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Randy: Yeh I've been familar with Chris' one for about 2 years now, ive just been waiting till ive had the time to make it.

rogerbee: My girlfriend bought me the powerloader for christmas so she fully understands!!! hehe!!!

Im gonna be working on it a bit more today, might add more pics later on.

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi all!!
Sorry its been a while since my last post but i've had 1:1 stuff to do!!

Right, first of all i've decided to make only a portion of the apc as shelf space is very limited. I hope one day to build all of it, but its simply not feasable at the moment.

I've chosen half of the front section, this includes a section of the side hatch/door (i plan to display Vasquez in the hatch), all of the front-right wheel, and the twin gatling gun turret.

Hope fully you can see what i mean in the pictures (which im sorry for as the quality is bad because i had to use my mobile to take them!!!)

It's currently held together with sticky tape but I'm awaiting the arrival of a glue gun off ebay so i can fix it all together securely and remove the tape. After that i will cover with paper maché and then paint and weather it.

Im gonna start work on the wheel soon so I'll update when i can!!!

Thanks for all your support!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.