武器:
一对战斧

配件:
一对护肘
地台

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Headsculpt is really well done. Clocks in just under $100 (China). For the more basic figures like this it would be nice to see them return to their roots providing gear sets.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
I was expecting the New Orleans serial killer!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Nice for those who got Deadpool! Hope they also do Gina Carano's Angeldust to face off with the upcoming Colossus...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice, top notch headsculpt :thumb

Very light on gear but he will make a good base for a PMC or a post apocalyptic figure :D

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
While I had no investment in the movie or character, I have been watching for the head to show up loose. The $100 or less original price now - released just over 11 months later - is between $150 and $175 +, on ebay, and the head is running about $96....all with free shipping...

....and the headsculpt paint apps or photo lighting show a far less attractive product, at least to me.

Dunno if the figure is limited, if the character is mythical or what, but I am seeing little bounce for the buck....or an example of mild mass hysteria. Or both.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
While I had no investment in the movie or character, I have been watching for the head to show up loose. The $100 or less original price now - released just over 11 months later - is between $150 and $175 +, on ebay, and the head is running about $96....all with free shipping...

....and the headsculpt paint apps or photo lighting show a far less attractive product, at least to me.

Dunno if the figure is limited, if the character is mythical or what, but I am seeing little bounce for the buck....or an example of mild mass hysteria. Or both.
Dealers in China are selling the heads at $50+ a unit but there are only a few. Figure is still readily available from distributor, just not ordered by many. Part of that has been their increased costs of shipping, but most of the dealers in China have been charging really high prices for key parts on figures over the last year plus as the business slows down there. For figures with few parts like this they aren't commonly ordered/parted out and when they are the prices are usually quite high. It should hit stateside early in the new year with the dealers in the US offering more palatable prices. A dealer would have paid less than that price for the whole figure.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Thanks Adam, as ever I appreciate the informed point of view. Any thoughts on what looks like a much heavier handed paint job on the sculpt? Even considering prototype paint jobs vs release apps, it seems much coarser.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Thanks Adam, as ever I appreciate the informed point of view. Any thoughts on what looks like a much heavier handed paint job on the sculpt? Even considering prototype paint jobs vs release apps, it seems much coarser.
There are some better photos here but it often hard to tell as the sellers have a tendency to blow out the contrast in their photos.

Here is another that seems to show better detail with the shading and such.

I've found over the last year or so the quality of their paint apps has been on a downward slide but that has been more on the consistency of the paint apps and more obvious defects getting through like entire sections of missing paint or random paint contamination with other colors that point to a lack of effort and quality control. Some of the heads haven't held up as well in the finished versions but among the military brands I'd still generally rank them at the top. It is one of those up and down things, the quality of their bodies has really improved over the last year as they retooled, but the paint apps went down. I think some of that is attributable to them rushing figures through production as they have been pumping out more product.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,040 Posts
I was hoping it would look at least as good as the Dark Zone Agent. I was thinking of just adding some more gear, and making another Agent out of him, and he can do double duty as Francis or Agent.

That higher price tag and light gear are a bit of a kick in the pants now.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
The prototype head looks excellent and the taobao photo provided by Adam C is pretty close to it. I am hoping the product is at least close, although the photo shown by pukingdog is not very encouraging. I don't know if Ed Skrein will get another sixth-scale iteration, so here is our chance at Francis from Deadpool or kitbashing the new Transporter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts