One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has been out for a while now, at least in Asia it is, but there seems to be a lack of loose parts circulating around. And if you do find them, they command a high price. Well, there is a reason for it, because the VTS Revenger is top notch!! Let's start from the very beginning and then zoom into all the little details.

*If you guys didn't already know, VTS is DAM, or rather the military figure branch of VTS is DAM. So you can expect the same DAM quality.

It comes in a basic shoe box design, the graphics on the cover are cool, and some sort of skull pattern and a comic like depiction of "the revenger"

Nothing much at the back...

Two main layers, first layer contains the figure, second layer below contains all the gear.

Head sculpt is there, all good and mean looking. Good paint application. Can't really comment much on the head, so have a look at the pictures and form your own decision about it. Looks pretty good to me.

Vest, The vest is perhaps one of the star items in this set. Stitching is good. The Velcro they use is 1/6 friendly micro Velcro ! Very nice ! however the punisher skull emblem on the front is a little too light/ faded for my liking. it shows up okay in photographs, but in real life, it is too faded for me. Maybe i will try to find a way to make the white, a bit more contrasting to the black vest.

There is an internal Velcro cummerbund that straps the vest to the figure and an external pair of Velcro on the side to fasten the vest.

The neck/ thyroid protectors are secured with Velcro as well. There is a shoulder clip on the right shoulder that is purely ornamental if i am not wrong... wierd... maybe i should double check. I mean it does work, but it doesn't loosen or tighten the vest.

The picture below depicts the inner velcro of the neck guard/protector assembly.

There is another fault with the vest, that is, when worn on the figure, it makes the figure look skinny, doesn't look bulky enough for my liking. Ill come to that later.

The Rifle. This is unexpected, but the rifle is awesome ! It disassembles like SS, DAM and ES rifles do. Except that the front hand guard is glued to the upper receiver, so minus points over there.
The forward assist can be taken out too ! so be careful and don't lose this small bit if you disassemble your VTS rifle. The forward assist is that little thingy in the middle of the picture between 2 VTS rifles. The lower half of the picture shows the hand guard fixed onto the upper.

Charging handle is smooth, fire selector switch works !! and the rear sling thingy can be moved from left to right.
Sling thingy in following 2 pictures.

Movable fire selector :

The VTS rifle is compatible with accessories from major brands. Here is an AFG-1 grip on the VTS rifle

Casted AFG-2 on the rifle :

M320 grenade launcher module is another surprise. It is the same size as the Simple Plan M320 ( Sand coloured m320 below)

Fire selector on the M320 is movable as well! WOW

There is a real metal spring at the hinge of the M320, unlike the Simple Plan version which is a faux spring, painted plastic to look like a real spring, although it was quite convincing.

The M320 One-ups the Simple Plan M320 with a rail system. The Simple plan version has a non removable fore grip glued on very tightly to the M320. The VTS version has a free rail, and YES it is compatible with SS DAM ES Flagset accessories. Pictured below is a casted AFG-2 on the VTS M320.

The 3 40mm grenades fit in the tube.

The optics, What i believe to be a C-More Sight. It is well done. Yellow plastic translucent lens on it as well. Very crisp and sharp lines.

Yes, the optic fits on rifles from other major brands as well, so does the M320.
The C-More on an SS Hk416

VTS C-More and M320 on ES M27

Suppressor stays on well, and this is the full rifle:

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pistols and pistol mag holder.
The pistol mag holder is well done. It is not produced as a whole plastic solid holder. There are actually 2 parts, the clip and the mag holder.

Removable clip :

This way, with the clip , you can attach the mag holder to the vest or any item with molle straps. Remove the clip and you can attach the mag holder to the pistol holster via rails.
The following 2 pictures depict the attachment of the rails to the pistol holster.

Very nice touch with the pistol mag holders, gives us the flexibility to display it however we want. I like it.

Might as well talk about the pistols now, M9s i suppose ? Silvery and nicely done.

There is a major fault with the 2nd molle adapter pistol holster. The 3 spikes ( refer to picture below) on the holster are too small to fit into the molle adapter. You will have to use glue here, so don't panic when you find the holster dropping out of the molle adapter.

Knife, its a big ... knife, thats all i can say.

Now we come to my favourite part, the Revolver. The revolver is a piece of art.
The picture shows the revolver fully disassembled. It is held together by a retaining pin. My pin was a little loose, that is how i discovered that it could be disassembled, so i glued it in place.

Wait.. WHAT...I don't think i need to elaborate about the bullets in the revolver, see for yourself.

And of course you can spin the revolver cylinder if you want to pretend to be a 1/6 cowboy.

Holster for the revolver is fitted to the left leg. It is a bit small, but it will fit the revolver with laser and aimpoint, it just would be rather tight.

The rare aimpoint optic ? Fits on rifles from major brands as well.
Picture below shows it on an ES M27.

***Side track a little*** OH BOY , i have been waiting for the little VTS aimpoint. Got plans for it.
Picture below shows my custom canted rail with the VTS aimpoint.

The uniform, Nothing spectacular, they are lightly weathered, The pants are weathered well, for example, they used logic and weathered his ... area, because obviously that area is gonna get dirty first in real life.
Boots? Boots are boots, they do their job.

ALL TOGETHER NOW !

OH, forgot to mention, the gloves are much easier put on, considering these are half fingers. But do take care and don't rip them.

ok ok . He looks okay, a little small comparing to fully kitted up SS or DAM troopers. Just loosen up the vest a little or add some tissue/Kleenex to pad the vest,

The exact same gear on a hot toys truetype with an Art Figures SAVES headsculpt.**black blouse is ACI, pants MC Toys**

So, in conlusion, THIS IS A MUST GET. FOR THE PRICE, IT IS EXTREMELY EXTREMELY WORTHWHILE, as someone who missed the Art Figures Saves version, i am just gonna hoard this VTS one. It is MEGA AWESOME, full of details, and if you have not bought one yet, i suggest you get one, or regret.
-Sam

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Great review. Thanks for taking the time. A top notch figure for sure! I kinda hate the wrong grammar on the box art, but no biggie. :)

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Excellent review. Thank you.

Got weapons???

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great review. Thanks for taking the time. A top notch figure for sure! I kinda hate the wrong grammar on the box art, but no biggie. :)
VTS just bringing it every DAM release...
Fantastic pic-heavy and labor-intensive review. About the only thing that looks clunky is that knife-sheath on the boot.
Excellent review. Thank you.

Got weapons???
THANKS GUYS!!! I took the pictures a bit back, but didn't have the time to upload them.

Sorry dadrab, all for me this time :drool Best bet is to wait for the normal websites like Monkey Depot to break it loose

Jeffajab, yea, but i cant find any other better places to put the knife. maybe his arms ? since both thighs are occupied by pistols and revolvers

I almost kinda forgot to add, was a little disappointed they did not include a triple 40mm pouch :(

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Jeffajab, yea, but i cant find any other better places to put the knife. maybe his arms ? since both thighs are occupied by pistols and revolvers
The location is fine, I just meant that the "leather" sheath doesn't look as sophisticated as the other nicely detailed gear and weapons. Maybe swap it out for a more modern, molded knife sheath (unless this is based on some movie version? I dunno)

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The location is fine, I just meant that the "leather" sheath doesn't look as sophisticated as the other nicely detailed gear and weapons. Maybe swap it out for a more modern, molded knife sheath (unless this is based on some movie version? I dunno)
Indeed it looks just a little clunky. If i am not wrong, that is what he has in the movie as well. Although a hard knife sheath would be a tad better i guess.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been messing around with my VTS revenger, trying to turn him into a super stealth ninja black ops soldier

First there was this, but i determined he looked too much like an insect..

so i settled on this :

And thats how i ll display them ..

In case you are wondering, i just added a punisher style balaclava, swapped out the hands, Soldier Story hands and gloves fit on VTS pegs, so YAY ! anyway, VTS and SS pegs are the same, just that VTS pegs are a bit shorter. Added a modified headset from the tony stark hot toys set, and finished it with a set of canted iron sights i casted up.

·
Big Toys for Old Boys
425 Posts
General Sam, you mentioned that you glued your pin on the magnum...Does it still open and close?...If so, what kinda glue did you use?...When mine showed up, the pin was missing, so the gun just fell apart...So when I get a replacement, Im considering gluing mine this time...

Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might as well talk about the pistols now, M9s i suppose ? Silvery and nicely done.
It looks like a Beretta 92FS Inox (stainless steel). The angle of the dustcover indicates that it was probably based off one of the Italian-made 92FS Inox's, while the US-made versions have slanted dustcovers.

Though it could just be a hard chrome/nickel M9 with the safety dot painted back on.

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
General Sam, you mentioned that you glued your pin on the magnum...Does it still open and close?...If so, what kinda glue did you use?...When mine showed up, the pin was missing, so the gun just fell apart...So when I get a replacement, Im considering gluing mine this time...

Matt
Sorry guys, without email notifications from OSW , i dont know who replied or commented.You might want to check around in the box. there is a high chance the pin dropped out and is hiding somewhere either in the foam or in the equipment. Basically the pins on some are too small, so you want a bit of friction to keep the pin in place. I use UHU glue for mine, but technically a speck of blu tac or white glue or doube sided tape will do the trick. With the increased friction, the pin will hold the 2 parts of the gun together and not fall out. The opening and closing of the revolver might be retarded. The problem of the loose pin is only on some revolvers, so if the one you have has no problem, i think it would be best not to dissemble it, dont change what aint broken eh?

It looks like a Beretta 92FS Inox (stainless steel). The angle of the dustcover indicates that it was probably based off one of the Italian-made 92FS Inox's, while the US-made versions have slanted dustcovers.

Though it could just be a hard chrome/nickel M9 with the safety dot painted back on.
wow! haha they look all the same to me .. lol

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Nice review! I still find it frustrating that I had to make mine completely from scratch just before they announced this figure, the magnum revolver and grenade launcher were a right pain to build! :doh :wink
Hang on, I'm thinking of the first version, great..now they bring out a 2nd just to rub it in!Oh well, saved myself some cash :lol.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Great review. I got mine today, already some QC issues to watch out for. Right knee floppy, so will need a stand for now. Rifle mags fall out, so will wrap string around the mag to pad it out first. Tomorrow is assembly day so hopefully no more issues.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts