One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
Make sure you're going for a Marine as all his accessories are Marine issued. I'm not sure if it's the best as I bought this set because It's the only one I saw that came loaded.
My idea is for like a grunt wearing his OD tee and FLAK vest, and other gear. Making him a Marine seems fine. I want to use the UFC Tito Ortiz hs on the TT Advanced body, both are pre-ordered. I just want to be accurate. Being I want to make it circa 1968, he would need an M16, right?? What gear can I use from that Wild Works set?? Might I be better off just getting loose pieces??

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
I have another question. Where or how did soldiers carry extra rounds for the M79? I want to use one on my bash and I have the shoulder rig from the Comedian figure. Would something like that have been used? I think not. I would like to be as accurate as possible.

·
Resident 'NAM nut
2,633 Posts
pic request of NVA/VC with DP light machine gun

anyone have photos of north vietnamese soldiers and vietcong with DP light machine gun? thanks in advance.
I dont have any photos but Ive seen a video clip of some VC standing on a sampan and fireing one at a passing jet. If its WW2 Russian equipment I think its safe to assume some VC/NVA some where was using it :lol

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
While i know that this is a old thread, I thought I should resurrect it with some videos I found on YouTube, they are films shot in country and show various aspects of the Vietnam War.

US Army 1st. Cav in Vietnam

An Unique War

Air Mobility Team in Vietnam

Ready to Strike

The 9th Infantry Division (Old Reliables) in Vietnam

I will post more if you guys want, there should be more full length documentaries and such on You Tube. I hope this helps for all those who are interested in the weapons and gear used in Vietnam during the war.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Well, guess this thread is dead then.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Vietnam (Some pics NSFW)
This is a VERY interesting and excellent photo series from a 12th Infantry grunt taken between 1971 and 1972. Some pics are not worksafe though, so use your discretion.

Viet Cong Structures
More interesting work from the same author.

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
Ask someone who was there. It all varied. My buddy in their unit, 25th infantry. carried mostly ammo and water on their sweeps.
Now this worked for their unit in the area of Chu-Chi.
I am not saying all sweeps and units were the same.
They would see Marines all loaded down with everything imaginable, all they would tell them is "you'll be sorry".

·
Resident 'NAM nut
2,633 Posts

Not sure why the title of this one is like this, it's from the Military channels Combat Zone. This is Hill 875, there are two other Vietnam episodes I'll attempt to find. One being Hue and the other having to do with PBR's

81 - 96 of 96 Posts