One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Re: Vietnam Reference Q&A (Please Sticky)

I don't think the Gurkhas fought in VN.
You are indeed right, Gurkhas didnt fight there, they founght in Borno tho and where used in the Falkland war.

I also screwd up, the group shot where I said it where 82nd Airborne trooper are actually Soldiers of the 101st :dizzy

As for the vids, they where done by the same guy who made "War, American Style"

Check out this guy here as well, he posted lots of Combat Footage from Vietnam:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MadMax2k2

More Color plates showing of various uniforms of the Vietnam War.

By the way: if anyone sees a relative or freind in those photos that are being posted here and does not want that, let us know so we can remove it, same goes for copyright problems. Thank you.

·
ThreeA Junky
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Banned
1,134 Posts

I recently won these on ebay and not sure what pouches these are for lol!
It says 30 round but that means nothing to me.

I think it comes from the stoner figure?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130303262641

Which weapon do they go with? Can they be used on a normal field soldier?
I think they were used very late war and tended to go with the Colts used by special forces. The regular forces got the nylon ALICE 20rd ones.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Re: Vietnam Reference question to kit

What is that artillery piece they are firing?

@

02:30
My guess is that is a M114 155mm Arty, used from WW2 till the end of the 70s/beginning of the 80s when it was finally replaced by M198. That or its a 105mm gun, I am not sure really.

·
closet nerd
1,601 Posts

[Check out his choice of Gear! Plus, look at his gas mask displayed on his Right hip. His pants are not tucked in as usual, they hang low.]
I actually found this image a while back and planned to do a bash based on it. Hence, began my search for the elusive DML Russell USMC in Khe Sahn figure and 1/6 acoustic guitar.

·
ThreeA Junky
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Anyone got any urban warfare pics of suined buildings etc in the Nam?
I want a dio nocking up that is similar to this but in vietnam war settings:

·
ThreeA Junky
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Anyone know if war journalists in Nam were armed or did they just carry the basic survival gear?
I assume they were not soldiers?

·
I'll Never Buy A Fem Fig!
972 Posts
For my 1/6 jungle boots, I sandpaper them to get a rough "suede" texture. Unfortunately, the dye is soaked through, so sandpaper generally does not get the 1/6 boots bleached out. For that, I dry brush layers of light tan and light earth. After that, I put a couple coats of a wash of red earth brown all over the boots and the canvas. I also have a "Vietnam Earth" dry dust that I'll grind into the seams.

One of my pet peeves with Vietnam kitbashes is how clean the boots usually look. Grunts took pride in having bleached out, unpolished boots since it meant that they were bush soldiers and not REMF's.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts