One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to making the additions to my Toy Soldier Vietnam Set to make him look like a proper shotgunner. Added shells and grenades. Made a patch so that he was from the 25th Infantry Division (I like that patch). Hope you enjoy.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
i like it , one thing is i used that shot gun once and was told i was wrong for the time period so i would double check the gun but other than that its great

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A good-looking shotgunner. Your semi-auto combat shotgun may be a bit more recent than Vietnam-period. The SEALs had a special full-auto Remington (11-48 I think), but slide-actions (pumps) were the ones most used by all services.

The above are shotguns that were in US military inventories from WW1 thru Vietnam. I had a Model 11 with US Ordnance markings like the one shown above, and the Models 1897 (OJI has some nice ones loose under Yamato) and 12 (the "Barney" shotgun mentioned by others) Winchesters were trooping on still. The Ithaca was a favorite of SEALs (various versions available in onesix by 21C). I remember seeing pics of Army troops carrying the Stevens, which I've fired (sturdy, but slow cycling). The 870 Remington pump was popular with police, and reportedly also used in Vietnam (several versions around in 1/6, by DML).

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
I guess I don't need to mention the shotgun. But the figure is fantastic. You did a real nice job putting him together.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
The 870 came in a little later in the nam war if I am correct. around Late 60s. Looking good!!! I love seeing a lot of Nam bashes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good job and good parts.

The police shotgun carded set by 21st got blown out at most WalMarts. There was a good Ithaca 37 in there like PD said.

Switching out a shotgun is easy-peasy. The figure is great on it's own merit. Keep it coming.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
21C's SEAL Pointman had a Model 37 Ithaca with extended magazine and a muzzle "duckbill" device.

Your shotgunner would make a good pointman for a patrol or a unit moving into badguyland.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts