One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is Victoria Day in Canada so I'm thinking northern maple 1/6 thoughts. Last year was a good year for Canadians in 1/6 because we got Michael J Fox, Nathan Fillion and William Shatner and I wanted to shoot a patriotic Canada Day 2016 tribute, but Shatner didn't arrive in time. Even better to do it this year instead, I guess, because it's Canada's year 150. I was also hoping we'd have QMX James (Scotty) Doohan by now, but hopefully that's 2018.

I haven't yet shot most of the pictures for this (or even located where the heck most of my relevant figures have ended up in my basement) but I'm putting a teaser out here now to force myself to get this done and posted in time for Canada Day (July 1) or face public embarrassment.

·
Nactu...Pheractu...Nictu?
2,318 Posts
Re: My Victoria Day plan for a 1/6 photoset Tribute on Canada's 150th Birthday

Lovin' it :D great tribute. The Tims card is a great touch! I'm hoping to do a modern soldier/dio in time for July 1st before I head off to summer training. Another really nice tribute would be one of the major manufacturers actually making a CAF figure however.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks, guys. The Mountie insisted on Tim Hortons in his modelling contract -- you know, cops and donuts :wink

This was just a Teaser that I put out to celebrate Victoria Day and to commit myself to make something for Canada Day 150. I'm planning 4 different set-ups that will include anything I have that's Canadian and 1/6 and hopefully will be appropriate and fun. No soldiers unfortunately, but mostly actors and cultural icons. Might get a little hockey in there too.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts

Thanks, guys. The Mountie insisted on Tim Hortons in his modelling contract -- you know, cops and donuts :wink

This was just a Teaser that I put out to celebrate Victoria Day and to commit myself to make something for Canada Day 150. I'm planning 4 different set-ups that will include anything I have that's Canadian and 1/6 and hopefully will be appropriate and fun. No soldiers unfortunately, but mostly actors and cultural icons. Might get a little hockey in there too.
Great teaser and great idea!!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts

Nice! Can never go wrong having Timmies represented (I love that place).

What...? No Avril Lavigne? Chantel Kreviazuk?

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nice! Can never go wrong having Timmies represented (I love that place).

What...? No Avril Lavigne? Chantel Kreviazuk?
Sorry they won't be there, but sadly Justin Bieber's in -- twice. Lots more. My starting theme was "Black-dressed kids from Toronto with a weird name that starts with K" obviously.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

We all have our crosses to bear - tho a Bieber, much less two, is asking a lot. A belated happy 150 years to all of our Canucks!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Re: Victoria Day plan for Tribute on Canada's 150th Bday - New Teasers Added

Thanks, folks. Pukingdog, though I posted my Teaser for Victoria Day, it won't be Canada's actual 150th till July 1, so nothing is "belated" yet.

The pics are coming along nicely under the discipline of having made the teaser public, and they should be complete for Canada Day. AYMK, Canada has five seasons (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Hockey), but the Canadian Summer is too short to be captured on film. Therefore my Canada Day Tribute will be 4 different set-ups for the others. Spring (Muskoka) and Hockey are ready, Winter is shot but not processed, the makings of Fall (Toronto) wait in a workbox but with a couple of objects still to be re-located. Here's new, Canadian over-dense teasers, cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts