One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Kinda promising.but of course,Will have to wait and see.

·
Temp. retired from 1/6
753 Posts
Ooh, rainbow-colored cuffs and carabiners! I sure do need more ACU stuff in my collection. Wonder if it would look good with Toy Soldier ACU. Would definitely buy me a couple if it's sold loose.

As usual, I'm expecting the buckles to be fragile, but as of now, not a big deal to me anymore (had several VH items in use).

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Kind of decent. Some fun little accessories there [serpa strobe pens light and the funky multi coloured d links and cableties hangmen noted.
It'd be convenient for an Army ACU squad builder, but coincides too much with the great SS gunner parts.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I can always use more gear for bashes. However, I wished it came with some other patches then just the 101st. Good unit, no problem. However, It would be nice to see a 82nd, 173rd RCT, 1st ID or 4th ID patches for a change. Additionally, most US soldiers are on their 3rd or 4th tour in the sand box so a combat patch would have been nice. Gives you the feeling you are getting something different.

From the pictures the trousers look like they are cut a bit tight in the legs and ACU trousers are know for being baggy. The baggy trousers also look better when you are using knee pads of a figure. Gives a bit more fabric to show contours which helps makes the figure look more real.

They also copied the M72 LAW from HT. However, I think that an AT-4 (M136) would have been more correct. Now, I have heard the the US, Canadians, Finnish, and British have or are still using it for urban combat under M72A2, A3, and A5 designation. The cost may be cheaper then a M136 per unit. I just have not seen many PICs of US soldiers using it yet.

The choice of cammo for the Camelbak is interesting since just about everything in the US Army is ACU now and the Camelbak is an issued item so it would be ACU. The rubber gloves are a nice addition but it would have been nice if they added a Hot Toy connecting joint with the package as Dr. Figure has done. It is also pretty cool how they marked the one pouch as the FiRST AID Pouch (Combat Causality Response Kit).

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can always use more gear for bashes. However, I wished it came with some other patches then just the 101st. Good unit, no problem. However, It would be nice to see a 82nd, 173rd RCT, 1st ID or 4th ID patches for a change. Additionally, most US soldiers are on their 3rd or 4th tour in the sand box so a combat patch would have been nice. Gives you the feeling you are getting something different.

From the pictures the trousers look like they are cut a bit tight in the legs and ACU trousers are know for being baggy. The baggy trousers also look better when you are using knee pads of a figure. Gives a bit more fabric to show contours which helps makes the figure look more real.

They also copied the M72 LAW from HT. However, I think that an AT-4 (M136) would have been more correct. Now, I have heard the the US, Canadians, Finnish, and British have or are still using it for urban combat under M72A2, A3, and A5 designation. The cost may be cheaper then a M136 per unit. I just have not seen many PICs of US soldiers using it yet.

The choice of cammo for the Camelbak is interesting since just about everything in the US Army is ACU now and the Camelbak is an issued item so it would be ACU. The rubber gloves are a nice addition but it would have been nice if they added a Hot Toy connecting joint with the package as Dr. Figure has done. It is also pretty cool how they marked the one pouch as the FiRST AID Pouch (Combat Causality Response Kit).
I guess the choice to use certain items probably cos of left over parts during their earlier boxsets.. eg. M72 from night ops jumper, 3C camelbak from degruv and etc.

I agree with you on the patches as there are many units out there who have done a equally great job keeping the peace, some recognition for them would be good but i guess patched would have custom made ourselves..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vss = Very Soldier Story

Kind of decent. Some fun little accessories there [serpa strobe pens light and the funky multi coloured d links and cableties hangmen noted.
It'd be convenient for an Army ACU squad builder, but coincides too much with the great SS gunner parts.
After reading your post I compare this VHT set with my Soldier Story 101 gunner, and I agree with you 100%. There is no doubt in my mind that VHT is copying Soldier Story on this one, if you look closely to the name tag, VHT probably think that WOLF is a special unit of 101 so they can't change it or they forget or too lazy to even change the name of this guy. :rolling:rolling:rolling

After years copying Hot Toys, they now form another subdivision called: VERY SOLDIER STORY!!!!:lol:lol:lol

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Dragon did that hydration pack with the Automatic weapon sets.

And those ties and carabineers remind me of twizzlers

·
1:6 Nam Nut
872 Posts
any idea how much this is going for? Id get it for the LAW and other stuff, carabiners, patches, smoke nades. then again if i get all that stuff individually for a MUCH cheaper price than the figure.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.